PDA

View Full Version : Realism settings

Capt James
07-29-08, 09:24 AM
Hi am still quite new to SHIV althrough i played SHII and III i only started to get the hang of this game in IV but in the campaign menu i dont see anything about Realism settings jus easy, hard ect is thier a menu to click on or off set realism settings like in the preivous games or do more realism settings get put on the harder you set the game?

Mush Martin
07-29-08, 10:11 AM
a bit of both

when in career you can change options
by holding your cursor over the bookcase
on the left in the office.

the top left book that pops out is options.
for career they must be set here and cannot
be changed in game.

M

SteamWake
07-29-08, 10:16 AM
Its a radio. Top shelf. To the left of your 'desk' :up:

Its a radio darnit :smug:

yairiny
07-30-08, 07:28 AM
yeah, it's a radio alright, but not in the default room view, you have to scroll left to find it first, don't you? :)

Seminole
07-30-08, 08:10 AM
I have to left click and hold down to move the room around and get at the radio.

Yes you do have to set them at the beginning of your career and they can't be changed... so choose wisely grasshopper

( I ' ve be waitng since Kung Fu days to steal that bit :oops:...sorry )

SteamWake
07-30-08, 08:33 AM
I guess it depends on your resolution.

I play at the highest possible and the 'radio' is clearly visible without scrolling or whatever.

groomsie
07-30-08, 10:30 AM
Yes you do have to set them at the beginning of your career and they can't be changed... so choose wisely grasshopper

Actually, I've been steadily increasing my realism during the course of my 1st career...Just left on patrol #7 and went from ~68% to ~ 75% realism by taking away the stabilized view option. Patrol before that was adding dud torpedoes (THAT was a rude awakening!).

So, I think you can alter your realism settings during a career. FWIW I'm running v1.4 with TMO as my only mod enabled.

Arclight
07-30-08, 12:20 PM
Groomsie's right, you can change the settings anytime you're in the office, just not during patrols.