PDA

View Full Version : This may never have been asked...I think

Maiale
07-26-08, 04:27 PM
Excuse me if it has already been asked. Ok, I was wondering...do you think if SH3* was available during WW2 that the Kriegsmarine would've used it as a training tool..maybe even to replace some time spent at sea and more time on this sim?

I personally think it's good enough and would think that if they (submariners) were alive today they'd be mightily impressed.

What does anyone else think?

*with the GWX mod

ECAaxel
07-26-08, 05:33 PM
personally no and i will explain why 2morrow when i'm not soo tired.
continued... i think not mainly becuase SH3 and GWX are good but they still don't fully realisticly simulate U-boat warfare i think espcially with the limits of the AI which is not like a real person piloting the destroyer that is DCing you.
this question is like how would the wright brothers react if you they saw the A380 in 1903?

Brag
07-26-08, 06:53 PM
The search for simulators in aviation and maritime use has been a long one. They were using primitve simulators in the Kriegsmarine.

Of course the would have used advanced stuff if it was available--I'm sure it would be quite different from SH III.

_Seth_
07-27-08, 12:22 AM
Excellent hypotetical question, actually..... I personally think they would be more interested in the computer running it, than in the actual game... But an interesting thought, mate!:up:

Jimbuna
07-27-08, 06:44 AM
Didn't one of the U-boat commanders (Oesten or something similar) once give a quote after trying SH3 and state something along the lines that it was very realistic :hmm:

Platapus
07-27-08, 07:28 AM
If the Germans in WWII had access to SH3, I think they would have downloaded Dangerous Waters instead and really kicked our butts. :rotfl:

Letum
07-27-08, 07:40 AM
Didn't one of the U-boat commanders (Oesten or something similar) once give a quote after trying SH3 and state something along the lines that it was very realistic :hmm:

Oesten said that he found SH3 too hard

Jimbuna
07-27-08, 08:42 AM

Oesten said that he found SH3 too hard

That's the guy...Cheers :up:

Maiale
07-27-08, 08:43 AM
If the Germans in WWII had access to SH3, I think they would have downloaded Dangerous Waters instead and really kicked our butts. :rotfl:

LOL

I did a search for Oeston and SH3 not really expecting to find anything and came up with this:

http://silenthunteriii.com/uk/videos.php

Excellent...they seem to work as well...

Reise
07-27-08, 09:18 AM
The Malaya story is a favourite of mine