PDA

View Full Version : Torpedos still missing aft?

DaveyJones
07-22-08, 09:42 PM
My torpedo's are still missing aft. Even set to medium speed, perfect 90D on bow
setup, every fish misses aft. These torpedo's are NOT going 45 knots, they would
NOT go aft of a freighter going 6 knots, they might miss ahead, but not aft.
This is really freaking frustrating, I have to restart 3 times kill 1 ship, which is total
crap, I have already removed this game 3 times out of frustration, I can't hit a
freaking thing.
I thought this freaking bug was fixed over a year ago, obviously not.:damn:

Monica Lewinsky
07-22-08, 09:54 PM
I have already removed this game 3 times out of frustration, I can't hit a freaking thing.

I suggest that you watch THIS assuming you are using manual targeting. Best DAMN GOOD video ever made for SH4.

There is no "bug", YOU are not doing something right. Sank nearly 200,000 TONS after studying this flick several times. I no longer play the game with auto-targeting thanks to this ONE darn good tutorial video:

http://learnabit.homeserver.com/lab/SH4-Fleet-Boat-Plotting-Video.avi

If you "get it", send thanks to Rockin Robbins - not me.

I think you are out-to-lunch on this beef:

FIREWALL
07-22-08, 10:06 PM
There's no bug. You just stink at manual targeting. :rotfl:

Just j\king. Look at RR'S excellent vid and readup on the tutorials and you'll get it.

Good Luck :up:

Flamingboat
07-22-08, 11:29 PM
I can't get the video to play.

PanzerBoxb
07-23-08, 02:03 PM
So...is the video good? :lol:

Mush Martin
07-23-08, 02:07 PM
My torpedo's are still missing aft. Even set to medium speed, perfect 90D on bow
setup, every fish misses aft. These torpedo's are NOT going 45 knots, they would
NOT go aft of a freighter going 6 knots, they might miss ahead, but not aft.
This is really freaking frustrating, I have to restart 3 times kill 1 ship, which is total
crap, I have already removed this game 3 times out of frustration, I can't hit a
freaking thing.

A belated welcome aboard.
unlock the target at firing point and move the crosshairs to the bow.
M:up:

SteamWake
07-23-08, 02:48 PM
Try opening the tube doors first :up:

FIREWALL
07-23-08, 02:51 PM
Try opening the tube doors first :up:

You Bad :p :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Monica Lewinsky
07-23-08, 08:47 PM
There's no bug. You just stink at manual targeting.

yep, P.U.

Rockin Robbins
07-23-08, 09:14 PM
I won't claim to have made the best SH4 videos. But I will claim to be able, with the help of WernerSobe, teach you how to shoot. You can find three of my videos and three of WernerSobe's right here (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=897224&postcount=167). When you get done you will be a great shot with manual targeting and be having fun while you're at it.

These are in .avi format, playable on Windows Media Player, although I use VLC media player and Quintessential Player.