PDA

View Full Version : USS Cobia Pics ext & int

atfcharger
07-20-08, 03:06 PM
I apologize, last year I went to the Maritime Museum in Manitowoc, WI and took a bunch of pictures of the Cobia but never posted them until I found them today! All that nonsense about taking pictures on a digital camera staying on a digital camera is true! (For anyone wondering how I went a year without using the camera or finding the pictures, they were on a different SD chip).

Anyway, here's the link (http://www.the443.com/images/md1c/cobia/cobia.html).

I'm sure I'm not the only person who's posted pictures of this boat, but the more the merrier, right? Figured it may be useful for anyone building a model or doing mod work or just to enjoy! I can make the originals available either via a single zip file or a text-link page if there's only specific images people want in their original 2048 x 1536 size.

Some of the photos didn't come out too great after I learned I couldn't use flash inside the sub. The lighting was decent in most places.

Oh, and I couldn't decide whether to put this in the Museum forum or here so if it needs to be moved go ahead.

Enjoy!

nikimcbee
07-20-08, 07:40 PM
Great Pix! I visited that museum back in 97. We also drove down and saw the U-505. Great trip.:up:

atfcharger
07-20-08, 09:50 PM
I haven't seen the 505 yet in Chicago. I'd like to either this year or next. Watching videos of them move it into that underground vault was impressive, though!