PDA

View Full Version : Newb questions (action window)

Phrozin
07-17-08, 09:01 PM
In SH III there was a little action window that showed the action happing from the torps POV, or the struck ship limping along until it's inevitable sinking and demise. I know SH IV has that same window as I've seen it in screenshots, but I can not for the life of me activate it, nor can I find a "save as replay" check box on saving.

After reading a few posts trying to find it, I came to the conclusion that there may be a way to save while underway. Is that possible?

Anyway, I love SH III, and I'm loving SH IV even more except those few questions that my owners manual just doesn't seem to cover. Thank you in advanced for any help you can give.

Joe

Monica Lewinsky
07-17-08, 09:09 PM
Anyway, I love SH III, and I'm loving SH IV even more except those few questions that my owners manual just doesn't seem to cover. Thank you in advanced for any help you can give.Joe

Enable the event camera in options BEFORE you leave port?

Phrozin
07-17-08, 09:17 PM
Anyway, I love SH III, and I'm loving SH IV even more except those few questions that my owners manual just doesn't seem to cover. Thank you in advanced for any help you can give.Joe
Enable the event camera in options BEFORE you leave port?

Aw crap!! I never even noticed it there, I just checked everything to get it to 100%. Ok, I deserve the brigg for that one, flame away guys lol. :oops:

Lynx2069
07-17-08, 09:21 PM
Flames are not generally liked by Skipper as they consume oxygen...:88)

Now firing you outta my aft tube, that I can accommodate.

All jokes aside, good hunting and welcome aboard.

Monica Lewinsky
07-17-08, 09:31 PM
Aw crap!! I never even noticed it there, I just checked everything to get it to 100%. Ok, I deserve the brigg for that one, flame away guys lol. :oops:

Nah, when you get back from your first patrol, we are going to put you in an Iron Coffin WITH very sharp spikes on the inside, then roll you down a steep hill [3-times] in your Iron Coffin AFTER you post your FIRST war patrol report to us. :p :lol: :rotfl:

Don't want to see you EVER in the brigg! [even though you had your head up your arss for posting that.]

We ........................ forgive you.

Sink 'em!

I wish you enjoyment and success, Captain Phrozin.

Sailor Steve
07-17-08, 10:08 PM
WELCOME ABOARD, Phrozin!:sunny:

Rule #1) Don't worry about stupid little goofs. Anyone around here who has never had one is just not telling us he's had one.

Rule #2) Do not listen to anything...ANYTHING posted by the above wo...ma...person. She...he...it will lead you astray every time. The creature calling itself Lewinsky is one who truly does deserve to be flamed every chance you get.

Monica Lewinsky
07-18-08, 07:29 AM
Rule #2) Do not listen to anything...ANYTHING posted by the above wo...ma...person. She...he...it will lead you astray every time. The creature calling itself Lewinsky is one who truly does deserve to be flamed every chance you get.

Hah, it's too hot outside.

http://learnabit.homeserver.com/lab/global-warming.jpg

Hylander_1314
07-18-08, 08:24 AM
Especially in Pheonix! Was down there a couple weeks ago for a funeral, and I learned that they do sell ice water in he.....ll!

John Channing
07-18-08, 10:45 AM
I was there in May. One day it was 107F at 11 pm and 12 hours later 52F and raining.

A 50+ degree shift in 12 hours.

Nuts!

JCC

Hylander_1314
07-18-08, 11:46 AM
You know it's July in Phoenix when you turn the tap on and get hot water, or scalding water only. Trees begging dogs to visit them!

Rockin Robbins
07-18-08, 12:36 PM
With aplogies to Sailor Steve:

WELCOME ABOARD, Phrozin!:sunny:

Rule #1) Don't worry about stupid little goofs. Mostly we die when we make them and then it doesn't matter what anybody says about them. You know, it's the old cancer cures smoking thing. It's all good!:up:

Rule #2) No edits necessary. In fact I'm staing as far away from THAT set of flames as I can.:rotfl:

Rule #3) Give that Rockin character a wide berth too. He's a little unhinged about unhooking perfectly good stadimeters and position keepers so we can shoot like (yuck!!:roll:) U-Boats. I hear he even has a U-Boat and left his perfectly good fleet boat for two months to sail the blasted thing. He says he had fun! Best to stay away from unstable people like that.

Phrozin
07-18-08, 01:36 PM
LOL, you guys crack me up! Thanks for the welcomes and I'll be sure to stay out of Lynx2069's aft torpedo room for awhile, and I'll definitely stay away from any box or coffin shaped items in Monica Lewinsky's hold. ;)

Joe

Sailor Steve
07-18-08, 02:58 PM
You know it's July in Phoenix when you turn the tap on and get hot water, or scalding water only. Trees begging dogs to visit them!
Arizona's state motto: "But it's a dry heat!"
http://www.sunfyre.com/links/statemottos.htm

Monica Lewinsky
07-18-08, 03:21 PM
Rule #2) No edits necessary. In fact I'm staing as far away from THAT set of flames as I can.:rotfl:

LOL, you guys crack me up! I'll definitely stay away from any box or coffin shaped items in Monica Lewinsky's hold. ;)

Joe

Time for you to clean-up your act, then use this when in get back into home port:

http://learnabit.homeserver.com/lab/monica_spraynwash.jpg

Phrozin
07-18-08, 05:18 PM

LOL, you guys crack me up! I'll definitely stay away from any box or coffin shaped items in Monica Lewinsky's hold. ;)

Joe

Time for you to clean-up your act, then use this when in get back into home port:

http://learnabit.homeserver.com/lab/monica_spraynwash.jpg

LMAO!!! :rotfl::rotfl:
That is so not right!
Almost made me spit pepsi all over my monitor......

Monica Lewinsky
07-18-08, 08:13 PM
LMAO!!! :rotfl::rotfl:
That is so not right!
Almost made me spit pepsi all over my monitor......

Doing RIGHT has no END.

Take for example, this guy:

He flames me and does not tell you the truth. He has a girlie, weenie, Internet connection and cannot update to SH4 to the Uboat 1.5 version and has to wait to Silent Hunter Gold is released to upgrade for a guy with 15,000 posts. AND sends a torpedo up my ass for pointing that out to him.

He FAILED to tell you that he plays SH3 with the GWX 2.1 mod and only can play it if he wears fish net nylons with spiked high heals on to get ANY [scrores] using manual targeting. [heads up: he does not shave his legs].

There is also a rumor a foot that he also wears Ginger's dress from Gilligans Island to "score" a hit[s] in SH3. This is not verified at the moment.

Not touching that one.

Here is the latest video he made. He is the one one the LEFT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV8nJHOgUCQ

Sailor Steve
07-18-08, 08:22 PM
My left or yours?

I may be on the left, but at least I don't lean to the left like you do. I'll bet you even sail through the left side of the Kiel Canal. All that's left for you is a left-handed remote.

Have I left anything out?

Oh, and I won the dress, nylons and heels in a trivia contest, so it doesn't count.:p

Phrozin
07-18-08, 08:33 PM
My left or yours?

I may be on the left, but at least I don't lean to the left like you do. I'll bet you even sail through the left side of the Kiel Canal. All that's left for you is a left-handed remote.

Oh, and I won the dress, nylons and heels in a trivia contest, so it doesn't count.:p
Oh man, I can see where this going.........lol!

Ok, Gilligan's Island was a great show! sad, but great and if the dress he/she wears is an orginal from the props department I can't fault him/her. I wouldn't wear it, might put it in a frame or something. LMAO you two are too funny. I'm guessing you two are either really good friends, or have just been at each other for so long the the anger temperment has worn off. either way, it makes for some unique reading!

well, we went from global warming with undergarments to gingers dress, wonder where it'll go by the next time I log in LOL. Keep up the good work guys! ;)

Joe

Monica Lewinsky
07-18-08, 08:41 PM

Yea, you need a Farmers Daughter joke before your next GWX patrol, Sailor Steve:

http://learnabit.homeserver.com/lab/Farmers3Daughters.wmv

I'm guessing you two are either really good friends

No fricking way. He does not use deodorant and smells like a 4-week old donut in Utah that got water on it.

LMAO you two are too funny.

I DON'T know him. He's just someone we put up with on this website. We just put up with his posts, and, move on.

Sailor Steve
07-18-08, 10:29 PM
I'm guessing you two are either really good friends, or have just been at each other for so long the the anger temperment has worn off.
No, we've never met, nor have we been 'at each other' for very long at all. Our pretend flame war - and the Gilligan's Island thing - only started three weeks ago, here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=138680

Before that I don't recall every even talking to him. Funny how that works.

STEED
07-19-08, 06:39 AM
http://learnabit.homeserver.com/lab/global-warming.jpg

Thats out of date, where is the 2000's? Hang on there wearing only a G-String. :o

Sailor Steve
07-19-08, 07:28 AM
Steed, trust me on this: nobody wants to see you in a g-string.
:rotfl:

STEED
07-19-08, 11:56 AM
Steed, trust me on this: nobody wants to see you in a g-string.
:rotfl:

Trust me there bloody tight. :roll: :lol: