PDA

View Full Version : A kill to be proud of!!!

ddiplock
07-16-08, 10:18 AM
During a heavy rainstorm I detected a loan merchant steaming across my path via my radar. I ordered an intercept course and thought I would try sinking the ship. I maneuvered into position for a surface attack and used the radar to calculate the targets speed.

I was constantly switching between my map and the bridge, using the binoculars to try and see him before he saw me. When at about 800yrds I sighted him at the moment my watch crew called out the sighting, a medium spit freighter looming out of the fog and rain at 8 knots. It took me about 12 seconds or so to pop the solution into the TDC, and I sent my four friends on their way.

A few seconds after firing ,my Japanese quarry spotted me and began opening fire with his machine guns, though the storm threw his aim off and the bullets impacted harmlessly into the sea. 3 out of the 4 torpedos struck home, sending those men manning the guns flying into the air amid firey explosions ripping along the upper deck and death screams.

The ship sustained heavy damage and sank by its stern, there were no liferafts appearing this time so i'm assuming there were no survivors from that one. :)

I resumed my course to my patrol area. But I thought it was a kill to be proud of. With the radar, you can plan for an attack in ANY weather conditions. Even a raging storm :)

FIREWALL
07-16-08, 10:26 AM
:up: Good Shootin :up:

I find it very satisfying useing all the tools available properly amd getting the kill. :yep:

AVGWarhawk
07-16-08, 11:28 AM
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q62/avgwarhawk/ttwiz_00_1.jpg

What radar did for the Allies. It is fun to use!

Peto
07-16-08, 11:37 AM
That is fun to try to do. I'm kind of shy about doing it now though. Playing with Map Updates off means I don't don't know for sure what is coming. And once it was a lone Destroyer. I survived but it was the end of my patrol :nope:.

Quillan
07-16-08, 04:14 PM
I really like Ducimus' implementation in Trigger Maru: map contact update stays on, but all you get is a dot at the target location. You don't know what it is, and you don't know where it's heading. It might be a small freighter, or a destroyer, or a battleship.

Peto
07-16-08, 05:19 PM
I really like Ducimus' implementation in Trigger Maru: map contact update stays on, but all you get is a dot at the target location. You don't know what it is, and you don't know where it's heading. It might be a small freighter, or a destroyer, or a battleship.

That is a good way to do it :up:! Sometimes leaving map updates off makes the game a bit too tedious. It takes a long time to generate a contact. I'm a big fan of not knowing what I'm getting into though and unfortunately, I've proven that in RL as well :nope:.

Cheers!

buddha95
07-18-08, 12:40 PM
You spin a good yarn there, Lad. Tis a bold kill, fit to tell of around a fire with yer mates aport and a mug of grog inhand.

Good huntin

Sailor Steve
07-18-08, 03:04 PM
During a heavy rainstorm I detected a loan merchant...
Let me guess - you went into the bank to get out of the rain?:rotfl:

Digital_Trucker
07-18-08, 04:18 PM
During a heavy rainstorm I detected a loan merchant... Let me guess - you went into the bank to get out of the rain?:rotfl:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b173/digital_trucker/Smilies/Laughin2.gif