I just found this on the sturmovik.de site:

** Important, please read thoroughly! **

To the citizens of the United States of America from Her Sovereign Majesty
Queen Elizabeth II :

In light of your failure in recent years to nominate competent candidates
for President of the USA and thus to govern yourselves, we hereby give
notice of the revocation of your independence, effective immediately. Her
Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will resume monarchical duties over
all states, commonwealths, and territories (except Kansas, which she does not fancy).

Your new Prime Minister, Gordon Brown, will appoint a Governor for America without
the need for further elections. Congress and the Senate will be disbanded. A questionnaire
may be circulated next year to determine
whether any of you noticed.

To aid in the transition to a British Crown Dependency, the following
rules are introduced with immediate effect: (You should look up 'revocation' in the
Oxford English Dictionary.)

1. Then look up aluminium, and check the pronunciation guide. You will be
amazed at just how wrongly you have been pronouncing it.

2. The letter 'U' will be reinstated in words such as 'colour,' 'favour,'
'labour' and 'neighbour.' Likewise, you will learn to spell 'doughnut'
without skipping half the letters, and the suffix '-ize' will be replaced
by the suffix '-ise'. Generally, you will be expected to raise your
vocabulary to acceptable levels. (Look up 'vocabulary.')

3. Using the same twenty-seven words interspersed with filler noises such
as 'like' and 'you know' is an unacceptable and inefficient form of
communication. There is no such thing as US English. We will let M*crosoft
know on your behalf. The M*crosoft spell-checker will be adjusted to take
into account the reinstated letter 'u' and the elimination of -ize.

4. July 4th will no longer be celebrated as a holiday.

5. You will learn to resolve personal issues without using guns, lawyers, or
therapists. The fact that you need so many lawyers and therapists shows
that you're not quite ready to be independent. Guns should only be used for
shooting grouse. If you can't sort things out without suing someone or
speaking to a therapist then you're not ready to shoot grouse.

6. Therefore, you will no longer be allowed to own or carry anything more
dangerous than a vegetable peeler. A permit will be required if you wish
to carry a vegetable peeler in public.

7. All intersections will be replaced with roundabouts, and you will start
driving on the left side with immediate effect. At the same time, you
will go metric with immediate effect and without the benefit of conversion
tables. Both roundabouts and metrication will help you understand the
British sense of humour.

8. The Former USA will adopt UK prices on petrol (which you have been
calling gasoline) of roughly $10/US gallon. Get used to it.

9. You will learn to make real chips. Those things you call French fries
are not real chips, and those things you insist on calling potato chips are
properly called crisps. Real chips are thick cut, fried in animal fat, and
dressed not with catsup but with vinegar.

10. The cold tasteless stuff you insist on calling beer is not actually
beer at all. Henceforth, only proper British Bitter will be referred
to as
beer, and European brews of known and accepted provenance will be referred
to as Lager. South African beer is also acceptable as they are pound for
pound the greatest sporting Nation on earth and it can only be due to the
beer. They are also part of British Commonwealth - see what it did for
them. American 'beer' brands will be referred to as Near-Frozen Gnat's Urine,
so that all can be sold without risk of further confusion.

11. Hollywood will be required occasionally to cast English actors as good
guys. Hollywood will also be required to cast English actors to play
English characters. Watching Andie Macdowell attempt English dialogue in
Four Weddings and a Funeral was an experience akin to having one's ears
removed with a cheese grater.

12. You will cease playing American football. There is only one kind of
proper football; you call it soccer. Those of you brave enough will, in
time, be allowed to play rugby (which has some similarities to American
football, but does not involve stopping for a rest every twenty seconds or
wearing full Kevlar body armour like a bunch of nancies). Don't try
Rugby - the South Africans and Kiwis will thrash you, like they regularly thrash us.

13. Further, you will stop playing baseball. It is not reasonable to host
an event called the World Series for a game which is not played outside of
America. Since only 2.1% of you are aware there is a world beyond your
borders, your error is understandable. You will learn cricket, and we will
let you face the South Africans first to take the sting out of their
deliveries.

14. You must tell us who killed JFK. It's been driving us mad.

15. An internal revenue agent (i.e. tax collector) from Her Majesty's
Government will be with you shortly to ensure the acquisition of all
monies due (backdated to 1776).

16. Daily Tea Time begins promptly at 4 pm with proper cups, with saucers,
and never mugs, with high quality biscuits (cookies) and cakes; plus
strawberries (with cream) when in season.

God Save the Queen!

:rotfl::rotfl:

I hope you won't shoot me for this (both US and UK guys).;)

Platapus
06-30-08, 05:03 AM
I am all for number 4, but that is only because I am an anal-retentive Obsessive-compulsive history geek :)

Raptor1
06-30-08, 05:13 AM
I have no problem with any of this...except...

5. You will learn to resolve personal issues without using guns, lawyers, or
therapists. The fact that you need so many lawyers and therapists shows
that you're not quite ready to be independent. Guns should only be used for
shooting grouse. If you can't sort things out without suing someone or
speaking to a therapist then you're not ready to shoot grouse.

You barbarians, how dare you rule out guns when it comes to resolving personal issues?!?!?!

Platapus
06-30-08, 05:18 AM
17. If you wish to enjoy the taste of a scone you must first learn how to properly pronounce it. The word scone rhymes with gone, not with stone.

My maternal grandmother used to get so upset when we mispronounced it.

McBeck
06-30-08, 06:53 AM
Hahahahaha

Sailor Steve
06-30-08, 09:55 AM
It gets posted every now and then. Last time was only a few months ago. Still funny though.

17. If you wish to enjoy the taste of a scone you must first learn how to properly pronounce it. The word scone rhymes with gone, not with stone.

My maternal grandmother used to get so upset when we mispronounced it.
I never knew that. Still, it's hardly going to change now. One more language division between us.

STEED
06-30-08, 10:28 AM
America under our rule. :hmm:

Nah, I just can not see it. :lol:

Seth8530
06-30-08, 10:37 AM
ROFL, at number 12. That is only funny because we got new helmets in during spring practice that have the same interiors of Paratrooper Jump Helmets.

August
06-30-08, 10:57 AM
16 reasons why ditching Parliament and crazy King George was a good thing IMO.

Can you imagine life under royal government? Extra vowels littering the literary countryside. Being constantly corrected on the proper pronunciation of words like "scone" (which BTW was stolen from the Dutch word "schoonbrood") when "biscuit" does the job just fine. I'm surprised it took as long as it did to send the Lobsterbacks packing.

:D

seafarer
06-30-08, 11:16 AM
I just found this on the stumovik.de site:

Queen Elizabeth II :

all states, commonwealths, and territories (except Kansas, which she does not fancy).

:hmm: err, except that there is nothing for you to actually, well, revoke?! You did not grant the USofA independence, they beat your imperialistic army to a squishy pulp and sent it back across the pond in utter, shameful defeat. With the French at their side taunting you like a certain King (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFFeE7FbZms) in a certain Movie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V7zbWNznbs). :rotfl:

rifleman13
06-30-08, 11:17 AM
Found it!

In all of its entirety...
http://forum.sturmovik.de/index.php?topic=9236.msg302515#msg302515

Number 9: That's the point of French fries! TOTAL DEVIATION!:rock:

XabbaRus
06-30-08, 12:19 PM
Yea but ironically it was with French support you beat us.
BTW sonce and biscuit are two different things.

StdDev
06-30-08, 12:52 PM

Hmmmm.. In that case, what seafarer ment to say was "beat ya like a rented mule" ! :p

whats a "sonce"?

August
06-30-08, 02:05 PM
Hmmmm.. In that case, what seafarer ment to say was "beat ya like a rented mule" ! :p

whats a "sonce"?

An English misspelling of the word "schoonbrood"... :yep:

StdDev
06-30-08, 02:17 PM

whats a "sonce"?

An English misspelling of the word "schoonbrood"... :yep:

Ah... I was thinking maybe it was a misspelling of sconce.. which is a light fixture.. and it would be hard to argue that a light fixture and a biscuit are NOT two different things.. at least here in 'Merica.. :know:

Iceman
06-30-08, 08:28 PM
I just found this on the stumovik.de site:

Queen Elizabeth II :

:hmm: err, except that there is nothing for you to actually, well, revoke?! You did not grant the USofA independence, they beat your imperialistic army to a squishy pulp and sent it back across the pond in utter, shameful defeat. With the French at their side taunting you like a certain King (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFFeE7FbZms) in a certain Movie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V7zbWNznbs). :rotfl:

Boo ya!:up:

Iceman
06-30-08, 08:30 PM
BTW sonce and biscuit are two different things. Yea Yea and it was with American support you are even here, not speaking German with no Scones or Biscuits..so stfu... lol.

SUBMAN1
06-30-08, 08:36 PM
BTW sonce and biscuit are two different things. Yea Yea and it was with American support you are even here, not speaking German with no Scones or Biscuits..so stfu... lol.Hahaha! Yep! Right on the money!

-S

Sailor Steve
06-30-08, 10:16 PM
16 reasons why ditching Parliament and crazy King George was a good thing IMO.
Good point.

Being constantly corrected on the proper pronunciation of words like "scone" (which BTW was stolen from the Dutch word "schoonbrood") when "biscuit" does the job just fine.
And then there's the insidious French encroachment. When I was a kid we had these things called crescent rolls, because they were shaped like crescents. Now all I can ever find is something called 'croissants'.:lol:

baggygreen
06-30-08, 10:32 PM
Steve, don't worry about it too much, put a complaint in a letter to the editor of your local paper, and the french will run from all claims of "croissants" within a week!:lol:

Edit, when the hell did i hit a thousand posts?? I don't remember that

August
07-01-08, 12:13 AM
Steve, don't worry about it too much, put a complaint in a letter to the editor of your local paper, and the french will run from all claims of "croissants" within a week!:lol:

"'Taint likely" (i'm practicing my Mainer accent). These are pastries, FRENCH pastries, we're talking about. not stupid rifles. It's well known (meaning some guys i know said it) that the French are mighty serious about their food, and their baked goods especially. Bet you didn't know that a bakery insult was the real reason Napoleon invaded Spain... :yep:

We reject French culinary terms at our peril...

Schroeder
07-01-08, 04:04 AM
Sarkozy?
:rotfl:

mrbeast
07-01-08, 07:09 AM

Hmmm slight bending of the facts there me thinks :hmm:

DavyJonesFootlocker
07-01-08, 07:29 AM
I agree wholeheartedly with Queenie Liz. As a former British colony we inherited a lot from them- tea, driving on the RIGHT ( what I mean is the correct side- the left side of the road), cricket, football, Benny Hill (lol). But since the Americans came along we inherited a whole lot from them too- cussing, killing one another gangster-style, spelling organisation with a z instead of an s, hating the Fox News Channel (which, by the way I like). Terrible I tell you.

Dear Lizzie, can I be in your invasion flagship?:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::arrgh!:

August
07-01-08, 08:47 AM
The British drive on the left side of the road, not the right. The rest of the world drives on the right side...

Tchocky
07-01-08, 08:51 AM
Hey! We drive on the left as well.

But it's their fault :p

DavyJonesFootlocker
07-01-08, 08:56 AM
I explained what I meant in my post. Oh, I love the UK- especially Rhona Mitra, see her in the movie- "Doomsday'.:yep:

mrbeast
07-01-08, 09:33 AM
The British drive on the left side of the road, not the right. The rest of the world drives on the right side...

IIRC correctly, UK, Ireland, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, India and South Africa drive on the lefthand side of the road (driver sits on the righthand side of the car)

Incidently, does anyone know the relative merits of driving on either the left or the right? AFAIK the Romans drove their chariots and carts on the left like we do in the UK, think it had something to do with most people being right handed and it being better to pass on the side that most people were 'handed' on. :hmm:

DavyJonesFootlocker
07-01-08, 09:36 AM
To me driving on the left makes sense since the driver seated on the right have a better positioning of the road's middle line.

August
07-01-08, 09:59 AM
To me driving on the left makes sense since the driver seated on the right have a better positioning of the road's middle line.

Depends on which side your cars steering wheel is located. Oh and nice edit! ;)

Seriously, it's too bad that a consensus wasn't found between GB and the US early on when cars were first starting to hit the road. It sure would have eliminated a lot of confusion and i'm sure more than a fair share of traffic accidents as well.

Having driven in England myself i can at least attest to the former.

Sailor Steve
07-01-08, 10:18 AM
[We reject French culinary terms at our peril...
Point taken. I'd hate to see the United States invaded by France.

As for the side driven on, it's my understanding (meaning somebody told me a long time ago, and I've never found any reason to challenge it...never found any reason to believe it either, but that's a different story) that the English knights would ride their horses to the left so the sword hand would be facing a potential enemy.

Americans drive on the right mainly because the British drive on the left.:p

seafarer
07-01-08, 10:29 AM

Hmmm slight bending of the facts there me thinks :hmm:

Really? In what way (speaking broadly)? The colonies unilaterally severed their ties with the British Empire in 1776. The Treaty of Paris in 1783 was merely Great Britain's reluctant acceptance of the sovereignty of the 13 Colonies and the ceding of the colonial territory (everything between the Appalachian Mountains and the Mississippi River) to the new independent States.

Since Britain ceded the territory after military defeat, how can they now "revoke" American independence? Since the act of revocation implies they actually have either the authority or capacity to undo, or annul the Treaty of Paris and the Declaration of Independence? How do you revoke a 225 year old acceptance of defeat? How does any one party to a treaty revoke it? They can contest it, they can ignore it, they can violate it - they can do all sorts of things to it, but revocation ain't one of 'em.

And how can they possibly revoke independence, when it was independently declared by other parties in the first place?

Just saying that there is nothing to literally revoke, not by any definition of the word I know of.

Sailor Steve
07-01-08, 11:36 AM
I hate to see this turn into an actual political debate, but I have to add to seafarer's comments.

Cornwallis was forced to surrender to Washington at Yorktown partly because he desperately needed reinforcements, and French admiral De Grasse's fleet kept that from happening by defeating the fleet of admiral Graves. Cornwallis, realizing his position was now untenable, claimed illness and sent his second in command, general O'Hara, to surrender. O'Hara tried to surrender to French general Rochambeau. Rochambeau indicated that it was Washington's victory, not his. He then attempted to surrender to Washington, but Washington indicated that the hapless O'Hara would have to surrender to his second, general Lincoln.

Those facts are unbendable, and I think there was taunting aplenty going around.

DavyJonesFootlocker
07-01-08, 12:51 PM
What's all the fuss is about it's rather very simple to bring down an empire like Lord Vader's United States of Amigos...just let in all the Mexicans. Think I'm gonna play 'God Save The Queen' by The Sex Pistols. Johnny Rotten is still alive isn't he?:rotfl:

Recently I watch The Patriot with Mel Gibson and I got to say that dude has a mental problem. How can one hate the UK with so much passion it actually shows in that movie when he overkills the British soldiers.

seafarer
07-01-08, 01:14 PM
I hate to see this turn into an actual political debate, but I have to add to seafarer's comments.

Cornwallis was forced to surrender to Washington at Yorktown partly because he desperately needed reinforcements, and French admiral De Grasse's fleet kept that from happening by defeating the fleet of admiral Graves. Cornwallis, realizing his position was now untenable, claimed illness and sent his second in command, general O'Hara, to surrender. O'Hara tried to surrender to French general Rochambeau. Rochambeau indicated that it was Washington's victory, not his. He then attempted to surrender to Washington, but Washington indicated that the hapless O'Hara would have to surrender to his second, general Lincoln.

Those facts are unbendable, and I think there was taunting aplenty going around.

:D I wasn't trying to pick a fight, or even stir the pot. And I get the humor in the original posting. It's just that the joke shouldn't have used the word revoke, since it does not apply. You cannot revoke something that you never gave in the first place, and the Declaration of Independence was just that, an autonomous declaration, which those declaring it made legitimate by force of arms.

UnderseaLcpl
07-01-08, 02:14 PM
As incompetent as we are, what happened to your empire?

Schroeder
07-01-08, 03:02 PM
It became to expensive, so it was outsourced.;)

Q3ark
07-01-08, 06:59 PM
As incompetent as we are, what happened to your empire?

We had to give it all back after WW2 because the country was flat broke, the war realy crippled us.

I recently saw a documentry about this on tv, we where so close to complete financial collapse right up untill the end of the 50's. Infact we have only just recently finished repaying the U.S. for all the lend lease and other aid we received during the war.

Oh and the OP funny as hell :rotfl: (wonder what Bush would do if he saw it? Anyone got his email?)

DavyJonesFootlocker
07-02-08, 06:39 AM
That's quite correct. In fact the irony of WW2 is that my country, a former British Colony, had Hitler to thank for. The war bled Britain's resources to the point that sustaining the colonies was impracticable.