PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hunter 3 Problems

Blatchman
06-16-08, 07:40 AM
Good Day

So I have been playing Silent hunter for some time now and I love it, but a few months back I went to go play it again. The mission loaded up but it said game paused and I can't unpause it plus I can only see the task bars and nothing eles. I cannot access anything except the esc button.

Any help would be great

I would love to get back out there and on the hunt again.

irish1958
06-16-08, 07:50 AM
This happened to me also, and I couldn't find the cause. I finally uninstalled the game and the SH3 folder from My Documents, and reinstalled it and GWX and GWX2.1. All is copacetic now.

Blatchman
06-16-08, 08:24 AM
This happened to me also, and I couldn't find the cause. I finally uninstalled the game and the SH3 folder from My Documents, and reinstalled it and GWX and GWX2.1. All is copacetic now.

Sounds like a good plan, just forgive my nub ignorance but GWX & GWX2.1 what are these and where do I get them?

danlisa
06-16-08, 08:34 AM
Sounds like a good plan, just forgive my nub ignorance but GWX & GWX2.1 what are these and where do I get them?

Nub ignorance excused!:lol:

http://gwx.mysite.orange.co.uk/

You should find everything you need, if not ask again.:up:

HW3
06-16-08, 02:04 PM
You can fix SHIII without uninstalling it by checking both the game main cfg file and the My Documents\SH3\data\cfg main.cfg file and see that both have the following entry in them.

[TIME COMPRESSION]
TimeStop=0
RealTime=1
LandProximity=128
CriticalDamage=1
CrewEfficiency=1
AirEnemyDetected=1
SoundEffects=2
CharacterAnim=4
EnemyDetected=8
RadioReport=8
Particles=32
PrayState=8
HunterState=32
3DRender=32
Maximum=1024

If not, add it, and your game should play fine again.

irish1958
06-16-08, 04:48 PM
HW3: Where were you when I needed you? :hmm::hmm::hmm:

FIREWALL
06-16-08, 04:53 PM
You can fix SHIII without uninstalling it by checking both the game main cfg file and the My Documents\SH3\data\cfg main.cfg file and see that both have the following entry in them.

[TIME COMPRESSION]
TimeStop=0
RealTime=1
LandProximity=128
CriticalDamage=1
CrewEfficiency=1
AirEnemyDetected=1
SoundEffects=2
CharacterAnim=4
EnemyDetected=8
RadioReport=8
Particles=32
PrayState=8
HunterState=32
3DRender=32
Maximum=1024

If not, add it, and your game should play fine again.

THX HW3 I'm printing this out now and adding to my SH-3 "problems & fixes" folder. :up:

Brag
06-16-08, 08:26 PM
Welcome aboard Blatchman :D . Never be afraid to ask around here. Someone will always come out and help.

HW3
06-16-08, 09:04 PM
I just learned about the "missing [TIME COMPRESSION] section" by reading the forum not that long ago myself. I have had the "RealTime=1" change to "RealTime=0" once which caused the same problem.

Laufen zum Ziel
06-19-08, 12:34 PM
Welcome,
You will become an addict with no hope of a cure
except GWX.
Visit the below site to find tools, mods, photos, music, resourses and other goodies,