PDA

View Full Version : dvd drive problem ?

flag4
06-15-08, 05:46 AM
hi hunters

i have recently uninstalled sh3gwx after having some problems.

did a full clean out and went to install again only to find that my dvd drive will not recognise the disk at all - it wont show in 'my computer' as well

there is no little egg timer next to the cursor on screen when the disk goes in

so i tried a different game. and that also has not been recognised...

any ideas on this ?

cheers

irish1958
06-15-08, 06:28 AM
Flag4,
Bill Gates strikes again!
Make sure your disk drive is recognized by your operation system. ?XP
If XP, go to start-right click on my computer, select properties, then hardware, then device manager, then your DVD/CD drive. If the device is not enabled, enable it. If it is not working properly, run the repair/diagnostic program.
Finally, send a nasty email to Bill Gates.

Schwuppes
06-15-08, 08:05 AM
Let me guess.... your soundcard isnt working either right?

flag4
06-15-08, 11:11 AM
thanks for that.

could you tell me where the 'repair/diagnostic program' is ?

cheers

irish1958
06-15-08, 12:01 PM
When you get to the above field, and the device is listed as enabled, click on troubleshoot.

flag4
06-15-08, 12:26 PM
thanks irish1958

'When you get to the above field, and the device is listed as enabled, click on troubleshoot.'

- i have, and nothing happened.....?

i get this: Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)

Wolfehunter
06-15-08, 04:59 PM
Try a firmware upgrade dude. I use LG writer for my dvd and it has firmware upgrades. Also check you cables might be loose. Disconnect the power before you touch anything inside and ground yourself before you do. Last check for the latest drivers or rollback on the driver to windows default.

Is there any cd or dvd encryption program running in the backround. Are there any cd/dvd iso imaging programs running in the backround? Many things can cause conflicts if not setup right.

Happy hunting dude.:yep:

irish1958
06-16-08, 07:57 AM
thanks irish1958

'When you get to the above field, and the device is listed as enabled, click on troubleshoot.'

- i have, and nothing happened.....?

i get this: Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)

Wolfehunter has some good advice; if this doesn't work, reinstall the driver from your operating system setup disc, or download it from the manufacture's web site.