PDA

View Full Version : Its finally over!!!! :(

ddiplock
06-06-08, 07:01 PM
After starting out for the U-boats since the start of the war in 1939, Marten Braune, holder of the Knights Cross with Gold Oak Leaves, Swords and Diamonds served 31 patrols at sea aboard U-boats and sank some 507,000 tons of Allied shipping for Germany.

However, sadly, U128 and her crew were sunk on January 13th 1944 after encountering a British Heavy Task Force comprising of two battleships and a fleet carrier. Detected on radar, she dove and was hounded for over an hour by 5 British destroyers, before a depth charge did sufficient damage to make the pressure of the sea do the rest. Although the damage and flooding was repaired, the hull had been weakend enough so that it could no longer protect those housed within. The boat was eventually crushed at 240mtrs, all hands lost :down:

NOTE: It really sucks that happend. I wondered why the glass on the dials kept on breaking and the lights kept flicking on and off in the control room, it was too late by the time i realised the hull was slowly being crushed by the pressure. Despite blowing ballast and ordering flank to rise to a safe depth, it was too little too late. I've decided to accept the fate the game handed me while commanding U128 and have laid Marten Braune's career to rest.

But i've already started another career now and plan to be ALOT more agressive. In my last career, I had a really bad habit of letting convoy's simply get away if i wasn't in an enviable attack position. I plan to be "more agressive" this time round. Lets see if I can last longer, and sink more tonnage this time :)

RIP Marten Braune and crew of U128, faithful and brave men to the end!! :rock:

Myxale
06-06-08, 07:32 PM
Man, this is hardcore!:nope:
You did good...but the tommies did better!:88)
If there are more than 3 dogs hunting the rabbit after 43' then it's almost dead!:huh:
Retirement is your friend!;)

I only once managed to escape 4 DD's in 44' and I was lucky because after hours of DC's the weather turned to bad for those up there! And this was a sinlge-mission...never made it in a career!

Sailor Steve
06-06-08, 07:38 PM
I'm told that the First World War German pilots had a saying: "Too many hounds are the death of the wolf."

We'll miss him.

Ivan Putski
06-07-08, 12:50 AM
I always play DiD in my careers, I`ve made it to late 1944, a couple times, but have yet to survive the war. Like you, my career ended, as in RL you don`t come back. Sorry for your lose. Puts

ddiplock
06-07-08, 01:03 PM
Man, this is hardcore!:nope:
You did good...but the tommies did better!:88)
If there are more than 3 dogs hunting the rabbit after 43' then it's almost dead!:huh:
Retirement is your friend!;)

yeah but, you can't actually "retire" your career can you? or is that what the "realistic career length" option for SH3 is? it allows you to retire you Kaleun after a certain time yeah?

-SWCowboy.
06-07-08, 01:49 PM
I still haven't completed a career in my more than 2 years of playing this game...guess it's caused I get wrapped up in everything else around me :up: Furthest I've gone is '43 so far, and that's in like 2 or 3 careers total.

Myxale
06-07-08, 04:01 PM
Yeah, the realistic career length is exactly that!

No Kaleun in RL had so many patrols as you :up:
Most sunk or promoted beyond the Sub!

Try it! SH3 Commander even comes with a nice epilogue to your Kaleun, in the personal file!

Cheers!