PDA

View Full Version : The night was dark (too dark)

Junker
05-31-08, 02:47 PM
Hi all I wonder if anyone can tell me if there are any extra graphic settings with SH3 apart from the ones on the options screen ?

I just changed my graphics card from an ATI x600 to a gforce 8500 gt with 1 meg ram , in the daytime everythings fine the graphics are much better , but at night I cant see a damn thing.

Ive tried adjusting brightness etc on my desktop screen but if I make it bright enough to see at night everything else is far too bright.

I cant adjust brightness on my monitor , though I was thought I could before changing cards , and I thought I remembered some settings you could change before starting the game.

Can you tell me , do these settings exist and if not any ideas you might have to solve my problem.

I am thinking about stealing my wife's monitor and using that lol but she won't be happy.

HW3
05-31-08, 03:19 PM
Adjust the gamma up along with the brightness. This should allow you to keep the brightness turned down some so the daytime looks better.

Platapus
06-02-08, 05:17 PM
I am thinking about stealing my wife's monitor and using that lol but she won't be happy.

What possible use could your wife have for a monitor that would be more important than SH3?

Really? What?
:up:

Ivan Putski
06-02-08, 06:13 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl:

rifleman13
06-02-08, 08:38 PM

What possible use could your wife have for a monitor that would be more important than SH3?

Really? What?
:up:

OK???

A crappy monitor for gaming and a cool monitor for ________?

What the world coming to?:/\\x:

popcorn2721
06-02-08, 11:37 PM
Hi all I wonder if anyone can tell me if there are any extra graphic settings with SH3 apart from the ones on the options screen ?

I just changed my graphics card from an ATI x600 to a gforce 8500 gt with 1 meg ram , in the daytime everythings fine the graphics are much better , but at night I cant see a damn thing.

Ive tried adjusting brightness etc on my desktop screen but if I make it bright enough to see at night everything else is far too bright.

I cant adjust brightness on my monitor , though I was thought I could before changing cards , and I thought I remembered some settings you could change before starting the game.

Can you tell me , do these settings exist and if not any ideas you might have to solve my problem.

I think its cause your one meg of ram is outside the requirements to run the game:rotfl:....jus kidding:arrgh!:

Junker
06-06-08, 10:19 AM
Hi all sorry I havent thanked you all for the advice but I havent been able to connect to Subsim for some reason. I meant of course that I had a 1 GIG GFX card not 1 meg DOH!

Thanks again all .