PDA

View Full Version : DEAD CALM for more than three weeks. Help needed.

Quagmire
05-28-08, 12:37 AM
Its a good thing that this sim isnt the "Age of Sail" because I would be dead in the water for my entire patrol. The weather has been stuck on 0 kt wind and dead calm seas for more than three weeks. Anyone have any ideas? Here is my mod list...

REL_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_15B
RSRDC_TMOv15_V371
RSRDC_V371_Patch7
#1 PE3 Install
#2d PE3 Special Effects For TMO
#3b PE3 submarine bubbles and caustics and roll pitch for TM
#4 PE3 Ship_debris_SH4_with bodies
#5 PE3 real reflections for harbour and objects
#6 PE3 patch for TM
ROW Sound Effect v_9
PE3 Install less floater
NSM4 classic
NSM4 Realistic Torpedo Malfunctions
#2b PE3 Special effects Zones for NSM4 Classic

Syxx_Killer
05-28-08, 08:03 AM
Are you running at very high time compression levels? I used to run at 8192x TC. I have found that I can run 4096x TC and the weather changes quite frequently.

banjo
05-28-08, 10:01 AM
I have had the opposite happen too--15 meter/sec winds and storminess for 2 - 3 weeks.

Quagmire
05-28-08, 10:03 AM
Well yeah I have been running at x8192. Since I have no cribbage board I need something to get me across the Pacific. :yep:

So it seems we have the same weather bug in SHIV as we did in SHIII. However I remember from my SHIII days that the GWX team found a fix for that. Does anyone know if the same fix would work with SHIV?

Ducimus
05-28-08, 12:07 PM
Personally, i think its related to time compression. Most i use is 4080, (cause i lag a bit too much at anything beyond 5XXX TC), and i've never had weather stuck on me for 3 weeks like that.

Quagmire
05-28-08, 03:48 PM
Bummer. I was soooo happy when I found out that in SHIV you could go over 4080 since you couldnt in SHIII. I guess the devs bit off more than they could chew at 8192.

However check this thread. I wonder if this would work in SHIV?

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=130112&highlight=realweatherfix

Does anyone have any experience with RealWeatherFix.exe?

Ronin1975
05-28-08, 04:37 PM
REL_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_15B
RSRDC_TMOv15_V371
RSRDC_V371_Patch7
#1 PE3 Install
#2d PE3 Special Effects For TMO
#3b PE3 submarine bubbles and caustics and roll pitch for TM
#4 PE3 Ship_debris_SH4_with bodies
#5 PE3 real reflections for harbour and objects
#6 PE3 patch for TM
ROW Sound Effect v_9
PE3 Install less floater
NSM4 classic
NSM4 Realistic Torpedo Malfunctions
#2b PE3 Special effects Zones for NSM4 Classic

I don't understand. you're playing SH4 version 1.5 and NSM4??
I read in the NSM topic that it's compatible with 1.4 ONLY and NOT with 1.5
Did I missed something here?

Quagmire
05-28-08, 09:40 PM
Go ahead and install NSM. It works fine with v1.5 as long as you do not play the U-Boat missions. I am an American skipper at heart and I did my time in the Kreigsmarine back in the SHIII days.

Ronin1975
05-29-08, 01:41 AM
Go ahead and install NSM. It works fine with v1.5 as long as you do not play the U-Boat missions. I am an American skipper at heart and I did my time in the Kreigsmarine back in the SHIII days.
Thanks, I will when I get back to base.

ps: The only difference between the LIGHT and the Classic version is that the LIGHT version has increased Sinkrates by 30 %. (That's what I read here http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=120269)

What does Sinkrates mean?

Edit: Feeling like a complete Novice now. :oops:

I thought it was Sin-Krates instead of Sink Rates :lol: So the ships will sink 30% faster? I'm dying for a cup of coffey (it's 08:52)

Fish40
05-29-08, 04:05 AM
Had the same thing playing OM. Had flat calm seas and clear skies all the way across the Atlantic. And this is in January mind you. I don't think so!:nope: As far as TC goes, believe it or not I only use 128x TC:huh: Yea I know it takes forever to transit the Pacific, but I do it for a more realistic feel for the time it took the real boats. So I'm not so sure if high TC is a cause.