PDA

View Full Version : GWX, is fresh install necessary?

Paulverisor64
05-27-08, 05:49 PM
I just completed the Silent Hunter III tutorials and I've heard very good things about GWX.

What I am wondering is whether it would be necessary to reinstall Silent Hunter III to patch 1.4B? I have not installed any mod's or started any campaign missions. I have only gone through the stock tutorials.

STEED
05-27-08, 05:57 PM
I see no reason why you should not. I'm sure jim will drop by and give his input unless someone else beats him to this post.

Welcome.

popcorn2721
05-27-08, 10:57 PM
save yourself some headaches later, uninstall, defrag... check your drive for errors and defrag your registry. I recomend installing this (if your using the gwx mods) on its own drive partition... and defrag it about once every week or two. The game is huge with the mods and we all know what a lousy house keeping job windows does.:up:

Paulverisor64
05-28-08, 04:44 AM
I've gone ahead and uninstalled and reinstalled Silent Hunter III. Tonight I'll attempt to install the GWX mod. I will also defrag my system before I go to work.

As you suggest it's better to be safe than sorry.

Bismarck
05-28-08, 07:34 AM
And you won't regret it :up:

HunterICX
05-28-08, 10:08 AM
You can install GWX straight away, no reinstalling needed as your SH3 1.4B is clean and tutorial missions doesnt change anything.

EDIT: Oh..I see you already unninstalled it, anyway
Good luck :up:

HunterICX