PDA

View Full Version : Sh4 Wolfes Of The Pasific !

StarLion45
05-27-08, 01:29 PM
:-? I bought the SH4 " Wolfes of the pasific " a while ago and I was looking forward to playing this game . I downloaded the patch 1.4 and installed the whole thing .
:lol: I was exited and waited till it was loded up . :o What !?! The graphics was really ugly,the seafloor looks like it was taken from a oilpainting , really , really ugly graphics : Hey ubisoft !!! we are living in the year 2008 , what have you guys in Ubisoft been doing these past years since the release of SH3:o :o ???!!!
Comparing these two games SH3 & SH4 , the SH4 has a loooong way to go comparing with SH3 graphics . To bad I waste the money on this game:damn:

Syxx_Killer
05-27-08, 01:36 PM
I'm going to hazard a guess and say it is something else. I thought the game looked pretty good in stock form when I played it. Here is a shot from version 1.4 when I had it. I now have version 1.5.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/Syxx_Killer/SH4%20Shots/SH4Img2008-04-08_160041_187.jpg

Does your game look like that or do you play with some graphics options off? I play SH4 with everything checked.

You can also try some of the environment mods that are out like Pacific Environments 3 or Envirionmental Effects 4. Trigger Maru Overhauled also includes Enviromental Effects 4.3. All three mods I mentioned can be found in the mods forum at the top because they are stickied.

CCIP
05-27-08, 01:54 PM
Well I've heard all manners of complaints about SHIV being worse than SHIII (few of them justified), but it's the first I've heard someone complain that it looks worse, too :huh:

No, really, check your system or your eyeglasses. That's one thing that SHIV definitely did make huge improvements over SHIII on.

Fincuan
05-27-08, 02:29 PM
Check that it's a legitimate version too, "Wolfes of the pasific" sounds a lot like an illegal russian copy :D

AVGWarhawk
05-27-08, 02:29 PM
Sounds to me like AA is not enabled and he is playing at the lowest resolution. If that is the case, then yeah, darn ugly. What system to you have to play the game? The graphics are far and away better then SH3 stock or otherwise.

d5j55
05-27-08, 03:18 PM
i thought the games look was... well excelent to sum it up into one word. on my old computer it ran SHIII very well never even stutering but in SHIV the computer froze alot due to the qualtiy. it now works just a bit slow with my new computer and the visual set at 100%:D

tomoose
05-27-08, 03:43 PM
Which company made this game, Imanockoff????:lol:

Q3ark
05-27-08, 03:53 PM
The guy's just trolling, ignore him. If he needed help he would have asked for it. There's plenty of screen shots around these forums showing how good the visuals are in this game.

StarLion45
05-27-08, 06:50 PM
:oops: I did something wrong I know , but what:o
Sorry guys:-?
I am finished with downloading the game now , and I'm in the fileplanet right now and downloaded the download manager with the patch 1.4 . And i have question ;:o how do I install the JSGME in SH4:o I have it on my SH3 , but can't remember how I did it.Can someone explain that easy to me .I WANT TO PLAY SH4:damn:

buddha95
05-27-08, 07:49 PM
Stop yer bellyachin, lad. It be a good game from a fine family. Add to that, many a grand laddie from this here very crew has been burning the midnight whale oil to write the newest chapters jus fer yer intertainments.
So, shutyer yap or I'll keel haul yee and make whats left walk th plank !!!!

Capn' Longjohn Blackbeard Pegleg Patch-eye Hook

Sailor Steve
05-27-08, 09:59 PM
:oops: I did something wrong I know , but what:o
Sorry guys:-?
I am finished with downloading the game now , and I'm in the fileplanet right now and downloaded the download manager with the patch 1.4 . And i have question ;:o how do I install the JSGME in SH4:o I have it on my SH3 , but can't remember how I did it.Can someone explain that easy to me .I WANT TO PLAY SH4:damn:
It's okay, we all have problems sometimes. Do you have JSGME on your computer at all? If not, you need to download it. It will appear in the folder Program Files called JoneSoft. Open that folder and you will see another folder labelled JSGME (of course). In that folder you'll find the JSGME gear symbol for the exe. Make a copy of that and paste it into a clean (no mods at all) copy of SH4 main folder. Double-click it to run it once, and it will make a folder called MODS. It's now installed and ready to go.

kiwi_2005
05-27-08, 10:38 PM
Get a better graphics card.

Kodiac
05-28-08, 08:41 AM
I'm a die hard player of Rome Total War and Medieval II Total War series but, like any other game after a while I needed a break and decided to download SH4 with U-Boat Missions from direct drive about a weak ago. I would have to say that SH4 would have to be one of the best games that I've ever played! I find the graphics to be top of the line. For a game to remind me when I use to be at sea back in the 80s, its got to be good. Also since I've joined subsim forums, I've been reading alot on Dangerous Waters, and downloaded that game too. :|\\