PDA

View Full Version : 12 torp HITS no sink tanker

buddha95
05-27-08, 01:04 PM
caught lg tanker in port. hit , HIT, w/12 torps,, never sank ?!?!
RFB
RFB patch

whats up w/that ???????

Vannevar
05-27-08, 04:20 PM
Very shallow harbour?
:88)

Ronin1975
05-27-08, 04:22 PM
caught lg tanker in port. hit , HIT, w/12 torps,, never sank ?!?!
RFB
RFB patch

whats up w/that ???????

Hi Buddha95,

That's right, you can't sink a ship that's in port with just torpedo's.
You can fire 1000 torpedo's at it. You will damage it, but it will not sink.

What i do is I fire 1 or torpedo's at a ship that is in port and then I surface and unleash fury upon that visious ship with greeeaaaaatt vengeance (with my deck gun.)

That will sink her for sure. :yep: :smug:

cheers and good hunting

buddha95
05-27-08, 07:40 PM
somethings you keep to yourself, but for the sake of keeping my honor, i must make a confession. I stayed on station till dawn and ,,,,,,,,,there was a LITTLE TEANIE-WEENIE 1 foot high dock and on the OTHER side of it was the tanker. At night you could not see the dock and my scope IDed the tanker,,,,,,,,sooooooooo i guess i sunk a dock! I have no shame!

TheBlobThing
05-28-08, 01:10 AM
It's manly to admit error! :lol:

claybirdd
05-28-08, 01:20 AM
I bet after 12 torps that dock would be blown to hell and back. GJ on sinking enemy assests:up:

Fincuan
05-28-08, 01:21 AM
Hehe

Nice one :lol:

Fishie
05-28-08, 08:53 AM
That's funny. With NSM I can capsize pretty much any vessel given a good position.

My pinnacle moment was a Mogami cruiser in a harbor, her starboard size fully exposed.

Middle of the night, 2200 meter shot, full spread at slow speed. Aft tubes. Fired the fish, then began to slink away at 2/3, and listened. Visual confirmation of the kill. The engine room got hit first, then the midships, then I hit just between the front two turrets- powder magazine. Blew a hole the size of mississippi , and the front bow took the parting shot right under the anchor.

Got to deeper water just before sunrise. Surfaced just enough to ventilate the boat, charge the batteries up some, then slinked back under the waves at a nice steady pace, keepin' quiet. Surfaced at sunset, and took off runnin- all ahead full.