PDA

View Full Version : S.O S. S.O. S. please help !!!!

buddha95
05-27-08, 01:54 AM
i sank more than EVER before, but was low on fuel. searched forum for ideas. did the dive/batteries & surface thing and got 40% farther. pulled into jave w/zero fule and 15% batteries,, YES !!! only to find the japs had it and they wanted me to go to Australia !!!
I got to get back !! got to !!

so i went into the cig files for the game and the cig files for my only mod,, (rfb) and changed the "limited fuel=true" to "false",, then restarted, set options to unlimited fuel,,, but my save still comes up 52% fuel and i cannot get to ANYWHERE !!! pearl, aust or midway !!
please tell me something i can type in to simulate a supply ship. Any code to give me fuel.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will name my next great-grandchild after you.

Ronin1975
05-27-08, 02:32 AM
i sank more than EVER before, but was low on fuel. searched forum for ideas. did the dive/batteries & surface thing and got 40% farther. pulled into jave w/zero fule and 15% batteries,, YES !!! only to find the japs had it and they wanted me to go to Australia !!!
I got to get back !! got to !!

so i went into the cig files for the game and the cig files for my only mod,, (rfb) and changed the "limited fuel=true" to "false",, then restarted, set options to unlimited fuel,,, but my save still comes up 52% fuel and i cannot get to ANYWHERE !!! pearl, aust or midway !!
please tell me something i can type in to simulate a supply ship. Any code to give me fuel.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will name my next great-grandchild after you.

So you are trying to cheat??:D
no seriously, I have no ideahow to adjust those CIG files, I always go to a friendly port when my fuel is just below 40.

John W. Hamm
05-27-08, 05:35 AM
There have been several threads on this let me locate them, no wait actually, just do this

Go to \My Documents\SH4\data\cfg\UPCInitial\GameplaySettings .cfg and then change both battery and fuel and then do the same in your save game at \My Documents\SH4\data\cfg\SaveGamesfile\00000whatever \GameplaySettings.cfg and then also at \My Documents\SH4\data\cfg\GameplaySettings.cfg (do it at all 3 places mainly because I can't remember which one actually effects it, it's been to long and I don't think it is the save game that does it but...) but changing them won't hurt anything as I have done it several times.

Now I can't remeber if you will be able to get there on the surface with out the fuel running out or not but I know you can on battery power (submerged), the reason I don't know is because I always waited to do this after I ran out of fuel :rotfl: .

I don't consider it cheating as the game does not allow for a tow, I just pretend I am being towed in:smug: , however in RL if you were towed in you could certainly count on being releived of duty :up:.

Oh yeah be sure and change them back all back:arrgh!:

Rockin Robbins
05-27-08, 11:42 AM
I have not yet seen a report of a submarine towed back to base because they ran out of fuel. I think it was one of those "how many times is it ok to drop a baby" things and if it did you were "S.O.L. S.O.L. please help!!!":eek:

JoeCorrado
05-27-08, 07:22 PM
Go to the setting in career mode and change to unlimited fuel. Then load your save game. Should work for you.

buddha95
05-27-08, 07:42 PM
changed file as per Capt. Hamm.
worked fine,,, lived to sink a dock !!!!!!!!!!!!!
( see 12 torps no sink tanker) post