PDA

View Full Version : hello all

Ronin1975
05-26-08, 03:01 AM
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and I would like to start off with a few questions if I'm allowed:

First I playing Silent Hunter 4 with U-boat Missions (1.5)
And these are the Mods I'm using:
1) trigger maru Overhauled
2) RSRDC
3) ROW 3.3

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/6590/naamloospi6.png

here's my first question:
In my career it's jan. 15 1943 and I'm still on the Gato DRUM sub. After every patrol I can put another deckgun on my sub, or a new radar, etc But i have never had a conning tower upgrade.
I still have the one on the picture below:
This is the conning tower ingame:
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/361/gatoconningtoweringamena6.png

But I really do NOT like that conning tower and i want to upgrade it. Like the tower in the picture below.
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7162/66ndac0yl4.png

Can somebody tell me what I have to do to get the conning tower on the 2nd screen? What are the requirements to get a update? Do i have to have more reown? If there going to be an upgrade at all or am I stuck with thise one untill I'm offerd a new sub??

Question 2 is about RSRD:
I thought that there were also missions where you have to drop of a squad of commando's of spy's on enemy land. But the only missions I get are "go to an area and conduct anti-shipping."

Thanks for your time.

Schroeder
05-26-08, 04:27 AM
Hi Ronin welcome aboard.
I once received an new conning tower for my sub, but I don't know whether this was related to renown or maybe just to a certain date. Keep playing and you should get one finally (They didn't even ask me whether I wanted that thing and mounted it right on my sub:huh:).

The spy insertion/supply drop missions are quite seldom in RSRDC but they happen from time to time (IIRC).

Ronin1975
05-26-08, 04:52 AM
Hi Ronin welcome aboard.
I once received an new conning tower for my sub, but I don't know whether this was related to renown or maybe just to a certain date. Keep playing and you should get one finally (They didn't even ask me whether I wanted that thing and mounted it right on my sub:huh:).

The spy insertion/supply drop missions are quite seldom in RSRDC but they happen from time to time (IIRC).

Hi Schroeder, thanks for the reply. :up:

I'll keep on playing and hope that I will get one before the war ends :hmm:

Sailor Steve
05-26-08, 07:28 AM
WELCOME ABOARD, Ronin1975!:sunny:

Raptor1
05-26-08, 07:57 AM
Isn't the conning tower based on the current date?

Ronin1975
05-26-08, 09:42 AM
@Sailor Steve: Thanks for having me aboard :rock:

That's what I thought. But that doesn't make sense, because i see old photo's on the internet of subs with the "new" conning tower. and those are 1941.

Raptor1
05-26-08, 01:53 PM
@Sailor Steve: Thanks for having me aboard :rock:

That's what I thought. But that doesn't make sense, because i see old photo's on the internet of subs with the "new" conning tower. and those are 1941.

Are you sure the one your looking at is the "new" conning tower rather then the "old" conning tower?