PDA

View Full Version : 2nd copy of SH III...

Murr44
05-21-08, 05:26 PM
Would anyone know where I could pick a second (replacement) copy of the game. So far my original dvd plays alright but I'd like to get a backup just in case. I've heard that some of the newer versions don't have the Starforce drivers & that in these versions, the disc doesn't have to be in the drive while playing. I live in Canada & Amazon (US) isn't an option because they won't mail software here for some reason (which is weird because other US distributors do).

Thanks...:)

Madox58
05-21-08, 05:30 PM
You could always have it shipped to a US address and that kind soul
would forward it on.
;)

Teh_Diplomat
05-21-08, 07:02 PM
Futureshop - depending on where you live - may have a couple of copies lying around. Alternatively you could purchase and subsequently download the game from Direct2Drive.com.

Brer Rabbit
05-22-08, 12:13 AM
Unless you are determined to have a DVD copy you can d/l from UBI at least in the US, canada and Mexico. You won't need a disk in the drive

Laufen zum Ziel
05-22-08, 09:52 AM
Have you thought about an electronic download?

My SHIII disk was going bad so I purchased the E download from
https://www.direct2drive.com. It works great.

Good luck

marees62
05-22-08, 03:23 PM
I ran into the same sort of problem also,and I went the Ebay route. Picked up a new sealed copy of the game, updated to 1.4 already, so I didn't have to worry about upgrading it. I think in all it cost me about $20. If you want to know the store I got it from, send me a pm and I'll send you the store name.

Murr44
05-22-08, 04:07 PM
Have you thought about an electronic download?

My SHIII disk was going bad so I purchased the E download from
https://www.direct2drive.com. It works great.

Good luck

I'm up dial up so electronic downloads (of that size anyway) aren't an option at present.

Thanks anyway...:)

patonb
05-22-08, 05:53 PM
We're allowed to Edited by RDP our own disks here arn't we? I.E. in Canada

Now-a-days, aren't we really just paying for the CD-Key?

Unless, this is really a taboo here

Edited by RDP. Nothing official-legal has been released for older
versions ( we are working on getting clarification on this ) so it is not allowed here.

ReallyDedPoet
05-22-08, 06:03 PM
@ patonb

There are current (newer) copies that have the no-cd-dvd option, as well the d-l version does not require a disc, however as mentioned above, nothing has been released for older versions. Yes it is a little silly, but it is the reality we find ourselves in, so it cannot be discussed here.

RDP

patonb
05-23-08, 12:45 PM
@RDP....... Sorry bout that then. I know each country allows different things. What I suggested, doesn't get around anything... But As an International site, I fully understand your/subsims stance on it.

Again, sorry

marees62
05-23-08, 03:28 PM
@ patonb

There are current (newer) copies that have the no-cd-dvd option, as well the d-l version does not require a disc, however as mentioned above, nothing has been released for older versions. Yes it is a little silly, but it is the reality we find ourselves in, so it cannot be discussed here.

RDP The newer version of the game I got from Ebay doesn't require you to keep the dvd in the drive any more. Bonus is that it is already updated to 1.4. Downside is no paper manual or foldoutmaps and other goodies that came with the big case version I got when I first started playing the game. Question RDP...am I allowed to say the Edited by RDP Ebay I got the game from in an open forum? Edited by RDP

ReallyDedPoet
05-23-08, 03:47 PM
Hi marees62,

You see the various advertisements here at SUBSIM, they are what help pay the bills to host this site, some of which still advertise SH3. Allowing non-SUBSIM advertisements or links is not permitted, sorry but that is policy here.

RDP

ReallyDedPoet
05-23-08, 03:50 PM
@RDP....... Sorry bout that then. I know each country allows different things. What I suggested, doesn't get around anything... But As an International site, I fully understand your/subsims stance on it.

Again, sorry

Thanks for understanding :up:

RDP

marees62
05-23-08, 04:25 PM
Not a problem RDP. I know that talking about "nudge nuge, wink wink, say no more" isn't allowed, but I wasn't sure about how I obtained my new copy of the game, which is why I didn't say exactly who I got it from. I went the route the I did for the same reason, slow internet connection (at the time), and amazon.com's refusal to ship to Canada, which I find is a stupid policy on their part. Funny thing is that on Amazon.ca they have the game and the kicker is that in the description of the game, it says it's shipped from the states, and Amazon.com says it won't ship to Canada. Can you figure that one out? Cause I sure can't. edit ***I wonder if I tried to order something else from the store if I'd get the same message? Any of my fellow canuks try that?

ReallyDedPoet
05-23-08, 04:32 PM
Funny thing is that on Amazon.ca they have the game and the kicker is that in the description of the game, it says it's shipped from the states, and Amazon.com says it won't ship to Canada. Can you figure that one out? Cause I sure can't. edit ***I wonder if I tried to order something else from the store if I'd get the same message? Any of my fellow canuks try that?

Yeah, that's a strange one ^^^ :yep:

RDP

Murr44
05-23-08, 05:55 PM
Not a problem RDP. I know that talking about "nudge nuge, wink wink, say no more" isn't allowed, but I wasn't sure about how I obtained my new copy of the game, which is why I didn't say exactly who I got it from. I went the route the I did for the same reason, slow internet connection (at the time), and amazon.com's refusal to ship to Canada, which I find is a stupid policy on their part. Funny thing is that on Amazon.ca they have the game and the kicker is that in the description of the game, it says it's shipped from the states, and Amazon.com says it won't ship to Canada. Can you figure that one out? Cause I sure can't. edit ***I wonder if I tried to order something else from the store if I'd get the same message? Any of my fellow canuks try that?

I got the same message. That's why I posted this thread in the first place. Anyway I found a couple of places where I can get a second "No Starforce" version of the game.

ReallyDedPoet
05-23-08, 06:14 PM
I got the same message. That's why I posted this thread in the first place.

Yes indeed :yep:

RDP