PDA

View Full Version : Two new sub books released (non-fiction)

ATR-42
05-21-08, 03:19 PM
Hey guys i just found out (was actually in the newspaper) that there have been two recent WWII sub book releases in the past two months...

I ordered them both, cant wait to dig in.

Escape From The Deep by Alex Kershaw

A Tale of Two Subs by Jonathan McCullough

:know:

jazman
05-21-08, 10:04 PM
Hey guys i just found out (was actually in the newspaper) that there have been two recent WWII sub book releases in the past two months...

I ordered them both, cant wait to dig in.

Escape From The Deep by Alex Kershaw

A Tale of Two Subs by Jonathan McCullough

Reviews are expected upon completion. That is all.

ATR-42
05-27-08, 10:44 PM
Reviews are expected upon completion. That is all.
update...

im about halfway through Escape from the deep. This is my fourth non fiction WWII sub book. this book is told from the third person based on factual evidence and personal interviews from the surviving crew of the Tang. I think most of us are most familiar reading books that are written FROM the captain himself (iron coffins - silent running - thunder below), so in that respect it takes a little getting used to....

So far its GREAT. it reads in a fashion where the author explains certain aspects that we may already know here because we are addicts. However, the book would read easy for someone new to WWII subs. so far ive blown through it much faster than past books. The author does a great job describing the crew, attacks, sinking and escape from the tang. He does an excellent job with O'kane (sp) as well. A truly amazing story of surviving crew members. Now im not done yet so please no one spoil it! :)

so far, i give this one 3 out of 5.

i'll report back when i start a tale of two subs.