PDA

View Full Version : [RANT] Beautiful patrol...sunk!

predavolk
05-19-08, 01:56 PM
I know this isn't new, and I'm just venting, but I've mastered taking my IX into convoys late 1941. So I'm on my way to Freetown (as always), but before I get there I run into a convoy (as always- still have yet to get there!). Long story short, two great attacks on it. First time, I sink a large cargo, large merchant, and a medium tanker. Get attacked by a frigate, but I manage to slip away. Second time around, I sink another large cargo and merchant, but also a whaling ship! On the way back out of Gib, I use the deck gun to out-duel an empire cargo and a medium cargo.

All in 2.5 days. So that's great, right?

Save/load game bug just wiped them both out. I saved both times in the middle of the ocean, at least 50KM+ from any known contacts. Yay-freakin'-hoo. :down: :nope:

Nothing else to offer other than this annoyed rant. And out of curiosity, did Ubi ever acknowledge this bug, and if so, what did they say/do about it?

Jimbuna
05-19-08, 02:48 PM
Do you mean your unable to find the save game files ? http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/1817/thinkbigsw1yo4.gif

Red Heat
05-19-08, 04:19 PM
Yes...it looks like! :-?
Oh yes it happens to me sometimes and must go back and load the last save and do it again.:damn:
But sometimes it makes me so hungry and stay a week or more "with my blood in nuclear state" traying to calm down and traying to have moral to repeat the last save war patrol! :stare:

predavolk
05-19-08, 04:39 PM
Do you mean your unable to find the save game files ? http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/1817/thinkbigsw1yo4.gif

No, it's the standard save game bug where you get a CTD when loading a saved game that has been menionted here dozens of times. It blows.

JohnnyBlaze
05-19-08, 05:10 PM
That's why I always double save.
I usually have the game running all day and night (and I mostly run at 1-8x TC. I save the game couple of times a day and use my bout number as the name. When I exit SH3 I always use another save name.

With this method I've never had a corrupted save game.
:rock::damn::rock:

I'm not sure this will help you, but incase you haven’t tried it..

Good luck :up:

Myxale
05-19-08, 05:42 PM
Ok, we all know that the save is gonna go bad, if we save submerged; near Scripted units and/or near convoys.

I never had any problems to save as long as no unit was in sensor-range!:hmm:

Captain Nemo
05-20-08, 04:18 AM
Ok, we all know that the save is gonna go bad, if we save submerged; near Scripted units and/or near convoys.

Not necessarily, I have saved in all the situations you mention without a problem. However, most times I try to save my game as you recommend, but sometimes real life gets in the way and you just got to save where you are no matter what the circumstances.

Nemo

predavolk
05-20-08, 09:46 AM

Well, I save multiple times during a game, and I make sure that I am 50km+ (FAR more than sensor range) from any contact, convoy, land, etc. while on the surface. Usually it works. But about 5-10% of the time, I get the no-load any how.

Look, I don't want to turn this into a giant rant. More of a complaint amongst people who can understand what I lost (vs. the wife!). I am curious is Ubi ever spoke of this obvious and serious bug, but that's about it.

On the bright side, I reloaded close enough to get a crack at the same convoy, did a periscope run and gun on it, and took out a large cargo, the whaler, and deck-gunned a large merchant that I had cripppled. :up: