PDA

View Full Version : New player loving SH4, needs mod info

GreyKnight
05-18-08, 05:15 PM
Hi guys

Been a member here for a while but not posted much. Played SH2, SH3 and recently got SH4 once it seemed the major bugs had been ironed out (oh yeah, and my local GAME store had SH4 and the U-Boat missions for £12 together so it seemed a good deal).

Anyway, I've been playing SH4 as the USA religiously for about a week now in campaign mode. I'm on my 5th patrol and now in a Gato class sub (USS Drum) loving the game, always have loved subs :D

There are a few things I would like you guys to point me towards though (I have searched, but it's a bit of a minefield).

1) The clouds move stupidly quick. Is there a mod to make them move at normal speed?

2) Is there a high res graphics mod? I've seen peoples screenshots that look better than mine (better water effects), yet I'm running the latest patch with a monster PC and max graphics.

3) The frequency of enemy air patrols seems unrealistic, like every hour even when in the middle of nowhere constantly interrupting the time acceleration and pissing me off. For patrols to be this regular in real life there would have to be thousands of planes in the air all the time. Is there a mod to correct this?

There are probably more, but I've had too much beer right now and my sub awaits me. Thanks for the replies.

Graham

ReallyDedPoet
05-18-08, 07:11 PM
Hey Graham,

1) kriller's Pacific Enviroment Mod or W-Clear's Enviroment Mod fixes this and much more, check out the Mods Section.

2) Both mods above enhance the graphics big-time :yep:

3) Trigger Maru, Real Fleet Boat and Run Silent Run Deep all deal with this issue and much much more, check out those threadsm again in the Mod's Section. Of note RSRD can be used by itself or with TM or RFB.

Good luck with it :up: And your right, there are many great mods for SH4, be sure to take some time and check them out.

RDP

Monica Lewinsky
05-18-08, 07:46 PM
3) Trigger Maru, Real Fleet Boat and Run Silent Run Deep all deal with this issue and much much more, check out those threadsm again in the Mod's Section. Of note RSRD can be used by itself or with TM or RFB.
Good luck with it :up:

BIG TIME agreed with this statement.

I ONLY use RFB - Real Fleet Boat MOD at the moment. Like to tackle one mod at a time. Having a blast of FUN! with it. The thing is a DARN good piece of work!

That damn mod - RFB - has me in love again with total ENJOYMENT of the SH IV game. At the SAME time, taught myself manual targeting thanks to the guys here.

Can think of only one thing to say:

"My Nipples Explode with Delight"! :D :D :D