PDA

View Full Version : Does SH3 model "faulty" torps in regards to their guidance systems?

ddiplock
05-17-08, 09:38 PM
As asked in the title.

Story: I'm in a very frustrated mood just now. VERY frustrated. I'm tracking a granville freighter, i've clocked him THREE times doing 9 knots to make sure i'm correct. I go through the motions, calulating bearing, range, AOB and speed into the TDC, torp doors are open, let loose the torps.

For some reason, my entire forward salvo of torps is going off track and going BEHIND him every time. Now, i've sunk plenty of ships with manual targeting, so I KNOW what i'm doing, and i'm not doing anything wrong. I have loaded the game 5 times now, redone ALL my calulations, range, bearing, AOB and speed, put it all into the TDC and fired all 4 tubes at him. Still, all 4 torps go off course and end up missing.

Does SH3 mod faulty guidance systems for its torpedos?? Because I was sure it didnt, it only modeled "dud" torps on impact. I have tried everything I can think of, releaded 5 times, checked, rechecked and triple checked my calcs....they are DEFO right, but the torps all 4 of my forward ones, are constantly veering off and missing.

So, does SH3 model dud guidance in their torpedos? I'm so frustrated I want to surface and blow the bastard to hell and gone with my deck gun. he has one ****ty gun aft of his boat, but i can blow him out of the water with my trusty gun crew. DAMN i'm so frustrated about this!!!! lol :yep:

Cheers guys.

Madox58
05-17-08, 09:59 PM
Is it only that ship that you see this problem on?
And is it infact the NGRA_?
Reason I ask is that as some units are rebuilds,
the aud_propeller, aud_engine nodes raerly get re-positioned.
So if a builder shrunk a ship?
those nodes may be dis-located.
If a torp is headed towards one of those nodes and the ship is
2 meters smaller?
Miss.

Elmer Kosterman
05-18-08, 04:10 AM
Try stting the target-spped to 10 or 11 knots, and see what happens.

Jimbuna
05-18-08, 07:14 AM
I presume you know that the torpedo speed 'S.M.F' has to be clicked on before firing. Don't rely on or trust the default setting to be accurate. http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/pirate.gif

ddiplock
05-18-08, 09:06 AM
Try stting the target-spped to 10 or 11 knots, and see what happens.

yeah, i tried that too. same result, the torpedo veers off and ends up going behind the target. But, as i've said i've sunk plenty of ships with manual targeting so I know my calculations and methods are correct.

I just think these 4 torpedos in my forward salvo could just be faulty buggers.