PDA

View Full Version : Medal of Honor for 40K patrol??

gimpy117
05-17-08, 01:23 AM
well im not gonna complain, but it's jan 1942 and i was just awarded the congressional medal of honor for a 40,000 ton patrol??

seriously...this is a pretty routine patrol...how did i get such a huge award??
my crew even got 2 silver stars and 2 bronze stars...

Tebok
05-17-08, 03:44 AM
In Silent Hunter 4, I get the Medal of Honor (Valor) a lot as well. In the Original Silent Hunter, you needed to do some pretty amazing things to earn it - like survive a gun battle on the surface against several destroyers or sneak into Tokyo Bay and blow up a battleship.

Schroeder
05-17-08, 08:30 AM
In Silent Hunter 4, I get the Medal of Honor (Valor) a lot as well. In the Original Silent Hunter, you needed to do some pretty amazing things to earn it - like survive a gun battle on the surface against several destroyers or sneak into Tokyo Bay and blow up a battleship.

Or just achive 100,000 tons.

In SH4 the Medal of Honor is granted for pretty much every routine patrol. I think I already got it for a 35,000 tons patrol without any warship contact.:nope:

Hylander_1314
05-17-08, 12:51 PM
Early in the War, it was used as a morale booster for feats accomplished, that by war's end were concidered routine by some. As the war progresses it should be more difficult to obtain. Some of the feats that warranted the CMH, were phenominal, like Lt. Cmdr. Bulkley, who took Gen. MacArthur from the "rock" to Mindanoa on the Pt Boat, which they did with 4, then 3, worn out boats, a journey of 600 miles, in enemy held waters, for the most part, with a handheld compass and out of date charts, mostly travelling at night to avoid Japanese war ship patrols.