PDA

View Full Version : SH4 and pagefile.sys

DeepIron
05-16-08, 08:46 AM
I've been tweaking my system for SH4 and found something "interesting"... When I run SH4, my pagefile.sys grows from 223MB to 1.40GB in size! This is certainly a performance bottleneck, as writing constantly to the pagefile is a "slow" (compared to RAM read/writes) process.

I'm wondering if this disk activity is for the "replay" option and is there anyway to turn it off?

Thoughts? Devs? :hmm:

Rockin Robbins
05-16-08, 12:05 PM
One thing you can do to speed things up is go to a static size pagefile, say 2 gb. Then make sure your pagefile is defragged. Since your machine will never have to reallocate space to increase the size of the pagefile, it will stay defragged and be much faster than it is now.

maerean_m
05-16-08, 11:10 PM
Setting the custom size of virtual memory to 2 gb will certainly help you, but more important is to go for 2 gb of RAM. Then, the pagefile will be covered with dust.

DeepIron
05-17-08, 12:54 AM
Setting the custom size of virtual memory to 2 gb will certainly help you, but more important is to go for 2 gb of RAM. Then, the pagefile will be covered with dust.Hmm... I thought that might be the case... Time for a computer upgrade soon anyway. Thx maerean... :up: