PDA

View Full Version : Hi! I am back!

Grayson02sept1980
05-15-08, 02:27 PM
Had to take some time off...

Now I am back...

Guess noone has missed me :p

Well..... nevertheless I am back! :smug:

so... I am sick and tired of the darn weather and the big fat but also big and fat protected convoys... so I asked for a transfer to the 10th to Penang to hunt there.

first encounter was a "big" convoy ... or so it said on the map :D

it was eight ships with 6 guards :o talking about getting out of the rain into the pain!

but it was too early to yell "WOLF" ... well ok... I was around.... :D

the BIG thing about the convoy was the types:
4 big ships - Tankers... Big tanker... large freighter... and so on 10k+
2 mediums around 7k
2 small fish

so I sneaked in during the night... was bit nervous as the guards were though large in numbers... but small in power :arrgh!:
They simply did not recognize me and until the first torp found the large tanker... they had no plan about me being around :arrgh!:

so....

my first patrol in the Indian ocean and east of Africa ended with a total tonnage of 65k+ and that is very satisfying compared to the hard times I had in the Atlantic.

now my last question.... is the IXD2 worth getting compared to the IXC.. (this was edited! to clear up things)
I have the C and this thing is a brick in the water... but the D2 (I had this alread for one patrol) is bigger.... from the numbers... the speed is lower... the range dived is BS... the range surfaced is A+
But there are enough resupply possibilities.
the two Torps more are also a nice add... though I don't like the shft of two from the forward external reserves to the aft ones... but two more inside are very nice...

so... your oppinion on the D2 vs the C...

Red Heat
05-15-08, 03:13 PM
First...welcome mate!
Second i will choose the VII C for the reasons you know...
Dont carry to much torpedos but its fast to dive, small, and its possible to upgrate with all wich the same equipment of the "older brothers" and its all so possible to have a nice and respectfull AA defense... :up:

Grayson02sept1980
05-15-08, 03:17 PM
but the VIIC simply was not on duty in the Indian Ocean with teh 10th flotilla ;)

Red Heat
05-15-08, 03:23 PM
Oh you are talking about the IXC vs IXD2?
Sorry out of topic :lol: lol ok...brick vs brick i will choose the IXD2!
Its a great sub...

Grayson02sept1980
05-15-08, 03:31 PM
Oh you are talking about the IXC vs IXD2?
Sorry out of topic :lol: lol ok...brick vs brick i will choose the IXD2!
Its a great sub...
well I am sorry... this was not so clear... I have changed the sentence

mhh..... but but but.... well... ok..

I have 9k renown right now and will save up to 10k (still have not the Kaleun... still am Oberleutnant as I spend each and every poiunt on new equipment :lol: )
and after 13 patrols it is a bit time to get the next rank :D

the D2 really seems to be the best boat for the Indian Ocean