PDA

View Full Version : why are my orders not complete

nutworld
05-15-08, 01:26 PM
I'm starting my career, as some of you might know.

On patrol #1, two mission goals

1. get to grid square AM32
2 patrol grid AM32 for 24 hours.

I can't accomplish this in one day, so just prior to entering the grid square I save my game.

Today I resumed that saved game, entered the square, and checked my orders......#1 is complete.

I have patroled for the past 26 hours of game time staying in grid AM32, but my orders are not saying that I have completed that patrol, so I can start my journey to home port.

What gives??

thanks everyone.

gord96
05-15-08, 01:50 PM
thats odd. never heard that before. maybe you are off by an hour or so? are you using GWX at all. If so it really doesnt matter as you get no renown for following your orders.

papa_smurf
05-15-08, 01:53 PM
Thats happened to me a few times, where I know i've completed an assgined patrol, but its not recognised as completed. Not sure if its a stock SH3 bug or not, but im sure someone else will know.

Catfish
05-15-08, 02:03 PM
Hello,
i also had that however after patrollling the area for almost 48 hours it finally gave the mission accomplished-green. Just stay in the area a bit longer - hope it is the same in your game.
Greetings,
Catfish

nutworld
05-15-08, 02:05 PM
thats odd. never heard that before. maybe you are off by an hour or so? are you using GWX at all. If so it really doesnt matter as you get no renown for following your orders.

Sorry, forgot to mention that I am using GWX 2.0, and after patrolling for another 6 hours, the report came though that I had completed the 24 hour patrol.

I was wondering if it had something to do with the fact that I spent part of the 24 hours keeping my crew from getting seasick, due to the 14 meter/second winds. So I spent part time submerged, instead of patrolling on the surface. I thought that might have effected the timing.

Murr44
05-15-08, 02:27 PM

Sorry, forgot to mention that I am using GWX 2.0, and after patrolling for another 6 hours, the report came though that I had completed the 24 hour patrol.

I was wondering if it had something to do with the fact that I spent part of the 24 hours keeping my crew from getting seasick, due to the 14 meter/second winds. So I spent part time submerged, instead of patrolling on the surface. I thought that might have effected the timing.

I wouldn't think so. I've gone to just inside of my assigned grid square, submerged to 50m & after "parking" the boat, gone to max TC until the 24 hours was up (while keeping an eye on the carbon dioxide level; don't want anyone to asphyxiate!:eek: ) And even if you left the patrol grid during the 24 hour period you should get credited for it if you return to it & make up the remaining time.

P.S. In the Indian Ocean (and I assume it's the same for the Black Sea) you won't be credited with completing your Primary Objectives (the orders page stays blue) but you will get renown for any ships that you sink.

gord96
05-15-08, 02:52 PM

it shouldnt matter but i am glad it worked out for you. I dont even bother with going to the grids now as it doesnt give you any renown anymore. I just use the grid assigned as a general assignment area. So if I get a grid near africa I will head in that direction, but wont worry about the actual grid patrol.:up:

JScones
05-16-08, 03:49 AM
There is a known SH3 problem where the grid lines on the map don't match up exactly with the internal logic used to determine whether you are in a grid. For example, enter a grid from the right side and you'll see that it takes longer for the "Complete" message to appear than it does if you enter from the left side (or the other way around, can't remember now).

This means that if you hang around the edges of the grid it will take longer to achieve the 24 hours, for even if visually it looks like you are still in the grid, SH3 internally will not think so. Thus the time is not included.

Not sure if this was the case here, but it's something to keep in mind.

Venatore
05-16-08, 03:56 AM
There is a known SH3 problem where the grid lines on the map don't match up exactly with the internal logic used to determine whether you are in a grid. For example, enter a grid from the right side and you'll see that it takes longer for the "Complete" message to appear than it does if you enter from the left side (or the other way around, can't remember now). This means that if you hang around the edges of the grid it will take longer to achieve the 24 hours, for even if visually it looks like you are still in the grid, SH3 internally will not think so. Thus the time is not included.
I never knew this JScones, I'll back-brief the navigation officer of U657 immediately. Thank you for informing the U-boat fleet.

HW3
05-16-08, 06:47 AM
Some grids are worse than others and I think AM32 is one of those.