PDA

View Full Version : Using the Game's "Replay" Feature

Zero Niner
05-14-08, 08:05 PM
Has anyone tried it? I'm thinking of saving replays for selected attacks so that I can replay them & perhaps get good screenshots to describe the action.

Would appreciate a guide to using it, plus caveats if any. Thanks.

Paajtor
05-15-08, 02:28 PM
There's not much of a guide nescessary for the replayer...it has a play/pause button, plus...wait a min, that's it lol.:D

Zero Niner
05-15-08, 08:08 PM
So if I choose to save a game, I'll have to choose the replay feature? and it'll save everything from the last save (which may be a simple save)?

maerean_m
05-16-08, 12:18 AM
When you save the game with "save replay" checked, the game creates a bigger save file containing information about everything that happened in that mission.

In the load screen, when you select a save file that contains the replay, a new button appears, Load replay.

After clicking it, the mission will be replayed in 3D (external camera) with an user interface to show the important events (like firing a torpedo or sinking a ship) and to allow you to make jumps in time.

The fun part of the replay system is that at any moment you can press the PLAY button and jump right into the action at that moment and continue from there. So you are able to try alternate tacticts to a battle situation.

Captain Vlad
05-16-08, 12:34 AM
The not so fun part is the inability to rewind.;)

Note that some of the mods also allow more camera mobility. If you like to take cool screenies of your boat, I enthusiastically advise you to check those out.