PDA

View Full Version : No oxygen, but I'm on the surface

DrJonez
05-13-08, 01:45 AM
So I've been having a particularly successful war patrol, but now I'm having a problem. After my last attack, I surfaced and continued on my way. However, the time compression went to 1x a little while later saying that my oxygen reserves were low. I thought this was a little odd considering that I'm on the surface, so I figured it was a bug. I tried going under and resurfacing again, and it still won't refill my air.

So now my save game is basically screwed because nothing I can do will refill the oxygen supply, and the crew just eventually dies because of it :(

It's really annoying that this is the third thread I've had to make about bugs that have completely ruined and broken my game in little more than a week of playing, and only an hour or two a day. We're up to version 1.5, and save games are still ruined this often? Sigh.

Help please :dead:

Rockin Robbins
05-13-08, 04:53 AM
Call it a bug if you wish. It isn't a problem.

When you have an O2 problem or CO2 problem a warning tag pops up in the upper right corner of your screen. Submerge and click it. Problem solved.:up:

Hold it! I just did some research. It's a BUG to run out of gas????? You sir, are the bug. The devs didn't break your game: you did.

DrJonez
05-13-08, 05:08 AM
What the hell are you talking about? I never said anything about running out of gas.

And I'd say a bug that makes it impossible to refill your oxygen is a BUG. Obviously when you come to the surface, the game should refill your air supply. It's not doing this, hence, it's a bug.

I don't see what you're failing to understand here.

maerean_m
05-13-08, 08:03 AM
Save the game, go to main menu and reload.

Wilcke
05-13-08, 09:21 AM
Save the game, go to main menu and reload.

Yes, try the above method and see if this cures your ills.

In the past year I have yet to get a hosed saved game. I originally followed the "old" SH3 rules for saving games. Now I am intentionally try to break saved games by saving near other ships, submerged on and on. No luck as of yet.

Anyhow have seen this issue posted before. It is an issue but really difficult to pinpoint or reproduce. My best idea a quick re-install from the fresh copy you tucked away in your hard drive when you first installed SH4.

Happy Hunting:ping:

Rockin Robbins
05-13-08, 10:50 AM
I need a screenshot that I can't get. When you have an oxygen or Carbon dioxide problem, a small pop-up warning box appears on the top right of your screen. clicking on that button will cause you to surface and air the boat out.

What the hell are you talking about?

For the life of me, I can't figure that out!:damn: I could have sworn I did a search of threads you started to attempt to research what your other two problems with the game had been and that one of the threads was "ran out of gas, now what?" But I see that you are not in that thread in any way whatever. So what the hell am I talking about is not a question, it is an appropriate statement reflecting possible blindness, brain damage, hallucinations or Windows Vista. I sincerely apologize for a truly bonehead error.

Can you report whether clicking the warning box works for you? The CO2 bug is so infrequent I haven't been able to do it again since I did it the first time. I agree it would be nice if when the sub surfaced, the hatches would automatically open. And the biggest mystery of all is how the crew got on deck without opening any hatches.:doh:

Fincuan
05-13-08, 01:16 PM
I need a screenshot that I can't get. When you have an oxygen or Carbon dioxide problem, a small pop-up warning box appears on the top right of your screen. clicking on that button will cause you to surface and air the boat out.

That won't always work, and in fact that's how I first came across the CO2 bug: The icon popped up, and I of course HAD to click to see what happens. Boat went to surface, co2 kept on climbing. Saving and reloading worked. Haven't seen the bug ever since.

DrJonez
05-13-08, 07:51 PM

What the hell are you talking about?
For the life of me, I can't figure that out!:damn: I could have sworn I did a search of threads you started to attempt to research what your other two problems with the game had been and that one of the threads was "ran out of gas, now what?" But I see that you are not in that thread in any way whatever. So what the hell am I talking about is not a question, it is an appropriate statement reflecting possible blindness, brain damage, hallucinations or Windows Vista. I sincerely apologize for a truly bonehead error.

Can you report whether clicking the warning box works for you? The CO2 bug is so infrequent I haven't been able to do it again since I did it the first time. I agree it would be nice if when the sub surfaced, the hatches would automatically open. And the biggest mystery of all is how the crew got on deck without opening any hatches.:doh:

No hard feelings. I was just a little confused :)

And yeah, when I went back to continue my saved game today the problem seems to have fixed itself. Thanks for the help guys :)

Elder-Pirate
05-13-08, 09:25 PM
I just now went back to the pacific and did a PD put it on 512 TC. At 10 % CO2 the O2 blue flag pops up right hand corner and is normal at least until it gets to about 95. :dead: I never new you could click on the CO2 flag and the sub would rise but in these dark pics ( sorry but my save here is in the night ) it does so when you click on the flag.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/oleman/CO2over10percent.jpg

Notice the red bar under CO2 icon is at 10% as also the flag above tells the same.

Surfaced here and in about ten seconds the CO2 was back to normal and the flag disappeared.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/oleman/O2.jpg

I've never had it stick on me before but will know what to do now. :up:

Thanks guys for the heads up.http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/oleman/a11101.gif

Monica Lewinsky
05-13-08, 10:14 PM
Call it a bug if you wish. It isn't a problem.

When you have an O2 problem or CO2 problem a warning tag pops up in the upper right corner of your screen. Submerge and click it. Problem solved.:up:

Now hold on there Captain, sir. I dove into the 1.5 add-on and bought it at $9.95.

I have been a victum TWICE on patrol, surfaced, and thought all is well. Only to have my crew chocked to death on CO2 levels in 1.5 and all crew mates dead!

What is the work around, again, sir?

Frederf
08-07-09, 09:33 PM
The workaround is to save the game and then load it. (Maybe exiting out of the program and restarting it if need be). Clicking the CO2 icon only orders a surface and won't fix the CO2 bug.

Armistead
08-07-09, 11:22 PM
Hate that bug, the only one that ain't and can't be fixed...just gotta save and reload as stated...suxs ,but only way to fix.

Someone said it happens less if why you're submerged you leave the button on the co2 icon.