PDA

View Full Version : Tech Gurus... I need your help.

Snakeeyes
05-12-08, 08:29 PM
Of all the forums, the SHIV tech gurus are the most knowledgeable. I was wondering if you would indulge me with a graphics problem NOT related to SHIV.

Could you take a look at the following vid and tell me if you have any suggestions?

I have a GeForce 8800GTS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dovCQ9ITs24

Rockin Robbins
05-13-08, 05:10 AM
A guy wants you to search to see if anybody else has the problem. What do you call to problem to search for it?:rotfl:Do you have the latest nVidia drivers? If not, get them. If so, try dropping back a version.

You might also check out your video profile setting to ensure that the game controls your settings. Then try overriding different settings until you find the cause. See Rubini's thread on nHancer (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128517).

Other than those general ideas, I don't have your card, so that's my limit.

momo55
05-13-08, 07:07 AM
I had the same thing happening to me with "CRYSIS" . After trying with all on "LOW" and "MEDIUM" (i couldn't see where i was standing etc...etc...)
Before i wanted to give up ...i putted all at "HIGH" and BINGOOOOO !! It worked perfectly :o:lol:
I'm no PC guru at all and still don't understand the logic behind this ..but it worked for me .

(i have a 8800GTS)
greetz ;)

Nisgeis
05-13-08, 07:33 AM
I had the same thing happening to me with "CRYSIS" . After trying with all on "LOW" and "MEDIUM" (i couldn't see where i was standing etc...etc...)
Before i wanted to give up ...i putted all at "HIGH" and BINGOOOOO !! It worked perfectly :o:lol:
I'm no PC guru at all and still don't understand the logic behind this ..but it worked for me .

(i have a 8800GTS)
greetz ;)

That happened to me with crysis also. Low or medium textures to see what difference it made to fps and I was standing in mid air and nothing but the far backdrop was drawn. That, I think, was a problem with the game either not having low and medium quality textures, or not having them named/pointed to correctly.

Snakeyes, this may be what is happening with your install, although the flashing background is a bit strange - have you tried changing the texture quality setting?

DavyJonesFootlocker
05-13-08, 07:39 AM
Hell I'm staying away from this one. When I went to the link my notbook froze and had to reboot. Did somebody say virus?:o

Fincuan
05-13-08, 07:47 AM
Hell I'm staying away from this one. When I went to the link my notbook froze and had to reboot. Did somebody say virus?:o

It's just a Youtube video

"Ubisoft, get your thumb out of your butt" :rotfl:

Snakeeyes
05-13-08, 07:49 AM
A guy wants you to search to see if anybody else has the problem. What do you call to problem to search for it?:rotfl:Do you have the latest nVidia drivers? If not, get them. If so, try dropping back a version.

You might also check out your video profile setting to ensure that the game controls your settings. Then try overriding different settings until you find the cause. See Rubini's thread on nHancer (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128517).

Other than those general ideas, I don't have your card, so that's my limit.

Thanks for responding Rockin Robbins. I'm getting a consensus that it may be the video profile for overriding. I'll have to try messing with it when I get home.

Snakeeyes
05-13-08, 07:50 AM

(i have a 8800GTS)
greetz ;)

Are you talking about changing "in game" settings to high and low? if so, tried that. No change. I'm going to try to change the profiler settings tonight.

Snakeeyes
05-13-08, 07:51 AM

Dude! Don't scare people like that!!!

Snakeeyes
05-13-08, 07:52 AM
It's just a Youtube video

"Ubisoft, get your thumb out of your butt" :rotfl:

Sorry about that.... they call it a low frustration tolerance.

momo55
05-13-08, 08:01 AM

(i have a 8800GTS)
greetz ;)
Are you talking about changing "in game" settings to high and low? if so, tried that. No change. I'm going to try to change the profiler settings tonight.

Yes " in game" settings i was talking about . But you tried that without succes i read .

DavyJonesFootlocker
05-13-08, 08:36 AM
I'm not taking any chances. Everything froze. Learnt my lesson from the past.

walrusbomb
05-13-08, 08:55 AM
house_of_mirrors!

90% sure it's drivers.

be sure to purge all your video drivers with RegClean or RegSweep. Run WinASO to clean your registry even further. Boot clean before reinstalling the latest drivers.

this happens when the latest drivers get corrupted due to previous registry items you missed. you really need more than one app to ensure a healthy registry.

*not* Ubisoft's fault.

DavyJonesFootlocker
05-13-08, 09:04 AM
Taking it as how you described it I agree it's a driver issue. I had some problems with graphics tearing on SH4 version 1.4 last time around and I had to resort to my last good configuraton to get things back. If re-installing your card's drivers don't work do a System Restore.

Snakeeyes
05-13-08, 03:30 PM
Fixed. Not a driver issue. Rocking Robbins was right.

Thanks bubbleheads! You're still better tech support than Ubisoft!

John W. Hamm
05-14-08, 12:23 AM

(i have a 8800GTS)
greetz ;)

Yeah i had the exact same withthe same card with Crysis and after turning my graphics all the way up it fixed it... but after further inspection I found it was actually the antilizings ???(I don't think I spelled that tight) (which automatically goes up when you increase the graphics quality)