PDA

View Full Version : Airstrike

richardphat
05-11-08, 09:08 PM
Ahoy all, I want to know how to call the airstrike command. How do we do that.
Okay i must be near to a luff base but what do we need in reality? I ve been trying to send contact report and stil BDU send me keep up the..... or good job.... or be more aggressived.
Since i dont have unlimit torpedo or shell i want to call an airstrike.:hmm:

GoldenRivet
05-11-08, 09:16 PM
the way i understand it is as follows:

1. you send a contact report

2. BdU replies with their usual garbage

3. SH3 takes into consideration the following

a. are you near a friendly base?

b. if the answer is no... no air support is dispatched

c. if the answer is yes... SH3 then takes the following considerations

1a: Sh3 considers what aircraft are based at the airfield

1b. Sh3 then calculates (so to speak) the combat radius of the aircraft based at the fields.

1c. if the combat radius is within range of the contact reporter (you) then Sh3 decides randomly whether or not to dispatch aircraft to assist based on a percentage chance.

basically...

you must not only be near a friendly air field, but the air field must be comprised of aircraft with a combat range that will allow them to reach you and return to base... also the weather must be better than a certain factor.

however, meeting these requirements does not guarantee an encounter with the luftwaffe.

IMHO the best chances of meeting the luftwaffe come during the norway campaign, in the north sea. also in the med in most places near italy

hope this helps

richardphat
05-12-08, 08:46 PM
But there are some things i dont get. Are the airfield next to the port?

Brag
05-12-08, 09:04 PM
Since the airfields don't show in the game, we really don't know where they are. If you are within range you may get help or you may not. You can write to Herr Goering. We hear he spends extra time reading Kriegsmarine requests for help while sitting on the growler at 08:32 every morning. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Madox58
05-12-08, 09:25 PM
I think the MANUAL may have some info?
:hmm:

richardphat
05-12-08, 09:54 PM
Since the airfields don't show in the game, we really don't know where they are. If you are within range you may get help or you may not. You can write to Herr Goering. We hear he spends extra time reading Kriegsmarine requests for help while sitting on the growler at 08:32 every morning. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Nah Her Goering is too sleepy and doesnt like to help when he is half asleep!:p

Kipparikalle
05-13-08, 10:33 AM
Or it is just because that his hands are full already because of damn brit's blowing up all his ****.

Probaly.

But it's also because that Germany didn't have enought factories, and making them to build stuff in 'full speed' (can't come up with better term ACT) would take years. The factories were completely ready for war only after year 1944, tho' it was too late already.

Germany was in war on 3 different fronts after the year 1941.
The airforces were divided on these fronts, thus' making replacing losses hard and long procress.
The time they got new replacesements they had lost more than they get replaced.

Gahh, my grammar!