PDA

View Full Version : New To SH4

ScurvyDawg
05-11-08, 06:41 PM
Hello All,
I'm very new to SH4, i remember playing SH1 long ago. I really like this game and just bought the add on and installed the new mod just released.

But I have a couple of questions.

1- Is there any way to play from the Japan side?
2- Is the game have a set pattern, I mean is the out come the same? Does US always win, or is there a way if playing the german side to turn the tide? Just wondering here? I mean I understand the obeject for being a sub commander and stuff and having a career and stuff. But I wonder if the outcome of the war it self can be changed and if not, I think SH's down the road should think about this.

Please relize that i am extremely new to SH4 and have only played a few days, but so far Im having a blast. Thanks in advance for answers for a noob.

SD

Zero Niner
05-11-08, 07:57 PM
1. No. Only the US and if you have the add-on installed, U-boats in the Pacific.
2. The outcome of the war remains the same no matter how valiant your efforts.

JackhammerJohn
05-11-08, 11:41 PM
Interesting concept. However, war is a collective effort. I doubt a single submarine could turn the tide of war. It is the effort of every sub as a whole that helped the war. The challenge of SH is for you and your crew to survive and do as much damage in process. The whole cat and mouse chase is intriguing.

You might want to look at an old game called Fleet Command. If they came out with the same concept for submarine warfare then you could change the outcome of the war. Heck, Axis and Allies could do the same.