PDA

View Full Version : Any issues with XP SP3?

JackhammerJohn
05-10-08, 03:30 AM
It might be nothing, but SH3 faulted for the first time on me going into a mp game. The only difference is I upgraded to SP3 for XP two days ago. I tried a second time, but there are no other MP games around. Anyone having an issue with SP3 or is this a coindence?:D

Tok
05-10-08, 10:14 AM
:sunny: I downloaded SP3 a few days ago and no problem so far with SH3 or 4, all my other games are working ok......so far. :roll:

JackhammerJohn
05-10-08, 10:34 AM
Thanks for checking. Might be nothing.

Schwuppes
05-10-08, 06:43 PM
maybe your windows firewall is blocking SH3 multiplayer mode... :hmm:

But SH3 SP runs fine with SP3 for me... I installed it about a week ago.

Madox58
05-11-08, 10:10 AM
I've been running XP Service pack 3 since November.
(Yea, I get to test things for MicroSoft now and then.)
It's proven rock solid to me so far.

It has also been installed on the 4 other systems here
now that the Public release is out.

d@rk51d3
05-12-08, 05:40 AM
Installed fine on 5 machines at work, tried installing at home but rejected because I had modified the loading screen.:roll:

Restored my XP to normal, installed, rebooted and now get a message that the install failed and has rolled back. However, my computers details show that Service Pack 3 is in effect. Going to windows update shows that all is ok. Just keep getting the stupid message on startup.:damn:

Catfish
05-12-08, 06:06 AM
Hello,
no problem here with XP Media center, but i made a system restore point before applying the SP3. No problems up to now, all games and Office progs running.

I have to say despite my usual Windows bashing this XP one has turned out to be one stable platform. Not even Win 2000 has been as reliable as this. Windows 98 was a pain in the a$$, but i used IBM's OS/2 at that time.
I hesitate to get Vista though, i do not see any advantage - those eye-candy aero-look thingiess can be applied to XP without even needing as much ram as it uses in Vista :-?

Greetings,
Catfish

moscowexile
05-12-08, 06:26 AM
I have just right now suffered a crash to black screen whilst heading for Königsberg after having sunk the target ships in "das Frische Haff". I have been having mega problems of late, namely VGA not responding messages from my Catalyst Control Center, and I think that by a process of elimination of all other possible causes it can be traced back to my SP3 installation a few weeks ago. The first major sign of these problems was that after installing SP3 I could not play Medal of Honor - Airborne: each time I have tried to launch that game since SP3 installation (I think), I get an 0Xc0000005 error message saying that the application failed to initialise.