PDA

View Full Version : Escaping the Black Sea

Gaijin
05-09-08, 09:03 AM
Am currently in the black sea in Jan. 1944. Noticed the Bosporous river in south west corner that comes out at Istanbul. Travelled down it, to check if it was navigable and sure enough it was. Thought there wouldn't be any ships at Istanbul, seeing as I'm running GWX2 'Black Sea Only', but there was.

Now I'm wondering, when it comes close to september, before GWX 'automatically' tansfers me following Romania's exit (according to the blurb...and assuming I survive that long), whether it will be possible to make a break for the med and try a mad cap dash through the horns of Gib?

If I save and exit, just past Istanbul, then swith off 'Black sea only'...That should do it right?

Any thoughts?

melnibonian
05-09-08, 09:22 AM
If I save and exit, just past Istanbul, then swith off 'Black sea only'...That should do it right?

No it will not work.

If you enable/disable mods while you're in the middle of the ocean you will screw up your installation. The Golden Rule to enable/disable mods is

1. Be at Port
2. Rollback SH3Cmdr
3. Enable/disable Mods

If you want to be in the Black Sea and operate in a different area then just enable the Merged Campaign. That way all the areas will be filled with ships and you can go whenever you want.

Gaijin
05-09-08, 09:24 AM
Cheers, mate.

melnibonian
05-09-08, 10:42 AM
Cheers, mate.
Glad to be of service :up: