PDA

View Full Version : Ready for Doom IV- Hell on Earth?

SUBMAN1
05-08-08, 10:40 AM
Seems its in production, along with a new Wolfenstein:

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/05/08/doom_four_videogame/

-S

Platapus
05-08-08, 11:56 AM
Good to hear about Doom 4. Doom 3 was one of the few games that really creeped me out.

I did not read anything about a new Wolfenstein. I liked the last one but I thought it had way too much SiFi in it. Let's get back to the basics everyone loves -- killing nazis :up:

SUBMAN1
05-08-08, 12:00 PM
Good to hear about Doom 4. Doom 3 was one of the few games that really creeped me out.

I did not read anything about a new Wolfenstein. I liked the last one but I thought it had way too much SiFi in it. Let's get back to the basics everyone loves -- killing nazis :up:If you played the first Wolfeinstein - the entire 6 episodes, it had the same Sci-Fi in it. I like that part. I wish they did more with the undead though. In the end, it was a good balance.

-S

PS. Let me find the article about the next Wolfenstein. I read that about 6 months ago or so.

SUBMAN1
05-08-08, 12:02 PM
Here is an article on the new Wolfenstein: http://www.joystiq.com/2007/05/14/next-gen-wolfenstein-resurfaces-with-2008-release/

Syxx_Killer
05-08-08, 01:50 PM
If you played the first Wolfeinstein - the entire 6 episodes, it had the same Sci-Fi in it. I like that part. I wish they did more with the undead though. In the end, it was a good balance.

I'd like to see a new version of the Operation Eisenfaust episode with those purple/green mutant things. :88)

SUBMAN1
05-08-08, 02:07 PM
If you played the first Wolfeinstein - the entire 6 episodes, it had the same Sci-Fi in it. I like that part. I wish they did more with the undead though. In the end, it was a good balance.
I'd like to see a new version of the Operation Eisenfaust episode with those purple/green mutant things. :88)With the guns coming out of their stomachs? That one? Are you crazy? Those things were murder!

-S

Blacklight
05-08-08, 02:44 PM
Doom 3 kind of bored me. It felt too much like a console game. They need to follow the examples of what's been done with Half Life and Half Life II which were both MUCH scarier (especially the first one).

SUBMAN1
05-08-08, 02:50 PM
Doom 3 kind of bored me. It felt too much like a console game. They need to follow the examples of what's been done with Half Life and Half Life II which were both MUCH scarier (especially the first one).Half Life = good. Half Life 2 = not much fun. Felt like a rat in a maze in HL2. #1 was way better. Doom 3 was way better too. Just my opinion.

-S

Polak
05-08-08, 03:09 PM
Too bad, that they want to add an female character to Wolfenstein, I don't see how a femme fatale will make the game better. The only reference to a woman in the game should be in Hitlers last words:"Ewa auf wiedersehen....." :yep:

(Corrected... :oops:)

Ducimus
05-08-08, 03:48 PM
Doom3 was pretty good, although i felt it had entirely too many dark settings. My only gripe being i wish the enviorment varied a little more. I reinstalled it no too long ago, slowly going back through it with some mods (sans flashlight mods). It really is dark and oppressive, its probably the only shooter i can only play in short spurts, and not the usual 3-4 hour sitting.

Schroeder
05-08-08, 03:55 PM
"Ewa aufedersein....." :yep:
Interesting German....;)

antikristuseke
05-08-08, 04:07 PM
Doom 3 sucked pretty bad, I dont really have high hopes for Doom 4. Shooters with nigh on no enemy AI worked 15 years ago.

SUBMAN1
05-08-08, 04:07 PM
Too bad, that they want to add an female character to Wolfenstein, I don't see how a femme fatale will make the game better. The only reference to a woman in the game should be in Hitlers last words:"Ewa aufedersein....." :yep:Its the same ones you see in RTCW. They run around fast and hide and are really hard to shoot!

-S

Steel_Tomb
05-08-08, 04:26 PM
HL2 over Doom anyday. The Ravenholm stage creeped me out big style with those rabid dog/wolf things :huh:. Doom 3 was like, hmmm... no lights... I wonder if there are any zombies in here! [/sarcasm]

Tchocky
05-08-08, 04:28 PM
I remember Ravenholm, playing it on my roomate's sticky-tape-and-string pC a few years ago on a rainy Sunday.

*shiver*

That said, STALKER has given me some creepy moments too.

Dowly
05-09-08, 12:25 AM
Lol, I still dont get the fuzz over Ravenholm. I didnt find it to be anything special. :doh:

kiwi_2005
05-09-08, 12:36 AM
Doom 3 sucked pretty bad, I dont really have high hopes for Doom 4. Shooters with nigh on no enemy AI worked 15 years ago.

I loved Doom3 apart from it was really corridors with the lights off with monsters triggered every few steps, it manage to scare the crap out of me :rotfl:

goldorak
05-09-08, 02:39 AM
Doom is Doom, so yeah great news for Doom 4. :up:
As for Half Life, well the only episode that didn't suck was the first one, from then on it went downhill. As it stands now we will probably be dead before seing an end to the story.

HunterICX
05-09-08, 03:16 AM
DOOM3, it mostly startled me...I only really could play the game with a cold beer and heavy metal music playing from the radio ;)

AvP is also a game I dont like to play the Marines in Single play :p you feel so....vulnerable......

HunterICX

Steel_Tomb
05-09-08, 03:19 AM
I remember Ravenholm, playing it on my roomate's sticky-tape-and-string pC a few years ago on a rainy Sunday.

*shiver*

That said, STALKER has given me some creepy moments too.
Yeah STALKER is an awesome game... I'm not very good when it comes to things creeping me out I don't like it lol... takes me ages to get around in STALKER because I move around very cautiously. I remember in the first zone it was night and I was looking at a bush and two white eyes appeared and this bull/dog/mutant thing just charged at me I was like "ooohhhh shhhiiiitttt!" lol :eek:

The only thing I like about Doom are the shadows and the fact you carried either a weapon or a flashlight which makes you feel a bit vulnerable, in those narrow corridors a swinging panel would make you double guess yourself "is that a panel... or a zombie waiting to tear me brains out for tea?"

darius359au
05-09-08, 04:41 AM
The only thing I like about Doom are the shadows and the fact you carried either a weapon or a flashlight which makes you feel a bit vulnerable, in those narrow corridors a swinging panel would make you double guess yourself "is that a panel... or a zombie waiting to tear me brains out for tea?"

And thats why one of the first mods for Doom 3 was Duct Tape , so you could tape your torch to you gun :D