PDA

View Full Version : Who is Balz?

Frank0001
05-07-08, 05:19 PM
Kaleuns,

I have been reading several posts describing a character named 'Balz'. Also, I noticed this has been written more than often by our well-respected comrade Brag!
Now, my question:

Who is Balz?

Seeing the great sarcasm and humour in Brag's description of Balz, I assume he is a fictive person of some sort. (In the same catagory as 'Bernhardt')
If he actually is fictive, great writing! I've been enjoying his story greatly.

GoldenRivet
05-07-08, 06:23 PM
Uh oh... We'll let Brag field this one!

Hahaha

Brag
05-07-08, 07:09 PM
Frank 0001,

Since Golden Rivet tossed the ball into my court (In the most underhanded way, I must add :rotfl: :rotfl: ), I will try to give some background which is now lost in the Zombie cemetery of past threads.

Balz was born at midnight of 24-25 December 1911 in Shanghai where his father was German consul. Balz's mother claims a bright star shone over the city that night.

We have just started Balz's new GWX2.1 career so you can just follow it.

If interested in his past incarnations, you can do a search of this forum. There is also a Balz page in my Kielman webbie (URL is on my sig).

And thanks for the kind words.

difool2
05-07-08, 07:27 PM
Bernard is Balz's inbred fifth cousin (on-his-mother's-side). Lord Forbid they are ever assigned to the same boat.

Frank0001
05-07-08, 08:00 PM
I have just read a great number of Balz's notes, and I must say he is quite the kaleun!
I cannot see how the war can be lost with all of his hoochie-whoochi on our side!
Haha this must really be the greatest captain ever, who else would wear a tea cozy!

(I actually spilled ice-tea laughing for 5 minutes when I found out he actually wears the tea-cozy)

Sailor Steve
05-07-08, 08:01 PM
If I only had a dollar for every time I've done this.

If you had just searched 'Balz', you would have come up with this:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/search.php?searchid=366492&pp=25

Go to page 3 and start at the bottom. You will find yourself reading every Balz story from the beginning. Balz's history is long, varied and colorful. He is probably the most dangerous kaleun in the Kriegsmarine, but only to his own crew.

Brag
05-07-08, 09:11 PM
In this GWX2.1 incarnation of Balz we'll have a few pre-quell scenes and events besides his story dictated by events of the DID game. You will notice he is not yet wearing a tea cozy but a bowler hat.

To liven things up, of course, Bernard is a member of Balz's crew. :D

Sailor Steve
05-07-08, 10:05 PM
Balz is always bragging, and Brag is always Balzing.:sunny:

Frank0001
05-08-08, 03:08 AM
I love the subtilties and contradictions of Balz. For example, he seems to be an agressive kaleun, scoring high tonnage, yet, he knits sweaters and wears a tea cozy and bowler hat!
However, his ego is enormous, yet he is crazy to the boot! Yet still scoring high tonnage.
And who would've ever thought of him actually running a choir in his sub during operations hahahahaha
And I couldn't stop laughing at all the hoochie-whoochies and the destroyer-magnet :rotfl: