PDA

View Full Version : Is there a mod for SH4 that would make explosions more life like?

bravo2zero
05-06-08, 05:37 PM
I've watched some of the you tube movies and their explosions have a lot more fire and quality to them than mine
I've seen more smoke and fire from the movie, "Curse of the Demon" than what I get during gameplay.

I just wonder if I'm missiong an improvement mod.

I have 2.8 gigs of memory and a 256 geforce 6200 video card so I think I have plenty of horsepower.

I saw one video where the planes on the BB were literally thrown off the deck.

I made an editor mission of sinking the Yamato and the boat just basically just sank. the depth charges sucked also.

Any help would be appreciated.

TheBlobThing
05-07-08, 05:13 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but doesn't particle density have an effect on explosions? And a 6200 is a bit on the low end. That might be why you're dissatisfied with the effects.

banjo
05-07-08, 08:41 AM
There are mods that improve fire/explosions, but there have been so many mods I don't remember for sure which do. You might try a search. Also, I think TMO and RFB include those improvements but am not sure.

And he is right, your 6200 is marginal for this game.

bammac3
05-07-08, 09:25 AM
I am curious as to whether it would be possible to add a pressure/shock wave to the effect-a fast dissipating light colored ring on the water, or the like.

Bam

Water boy
05-07-08, 03:30 PM
Semtex/C4 and a few detcaps, fit under chair and wire to PC.
Torpedo hit or DC = BOOM!.:rotfl:
Sorry guys, bad day at work, just letting off steam.
Should sound better though, OK maybe the first time - you'll be deaf for a week after.