PDA

View Full Version : dumb-fire

UnderseaLcpl
05-04-08, 02:47 AM
Here's a dumb question from someone who is tired of manipulating the TDC;
how do you make torpedoes just fire straight? To hell with TDC and AOB and speed and range. I within 500 yds of every target and it's nearly impossible to miss, yet my torps sometimes veer wildly off in one direction and seem to circle. I have a method against dd's where I just program Mitsuki DD 90 AOB range whatever and speed 0 kts into the TDC and fire at 15-20 degrees starboard or port depending on the direction of travel my prey has assumed but I just missed a Huge Europen liner with my last 4 torps because..........I don't know I'm an idiot. I programmed the range with the stadimeter set the AOB to 90 and set target speed as zero, fired 3 tubes at 0 which should have been a sure hit but instead the torps veered right in a cicrle and :) one of them hit a freighter which I had to sink withthe deck gun.
I just want my torps to go straight. To hell with tdc and all that other bs. I know damn well if they're going to hit or not at the ranges I engage at. Can someone who is a student of TDC math plz tell me how to make the dang things go straight every time?