PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Maru O - Free Camera not working.

bfindlay
05-03-08, 11:28 PM
Ok, I have read as many posts as I can on a search here for 'Trigger Maru Overhauled external camera' - cannot find the answer. I have installed this mod - seems to be working - but I cannot access the external camera (not the event camera) using F12. Nothing happens.

I checked the commands.cfg file and it does show 'user_free_camera' mapped to a hex address, called 'F12', but nothing happens.

SHould I try mapping it to another key? Any suggestions here? The mod seems really nice, but without the external camera, much of the enjoyment of the game is lost for me (not a total realism junkie - obviously. Hey, I like my eye candy!)

prome
05-03-08, 11:32 PM
I had the same problem + I couldn't turn manual targeting on. Solution for me was to go to career mode and in there change the options. (instead of starting menu) Click on the gramofone(??) left side of the screen on the shelf. Hope it works. :damn:

bfindlay
05-04-08, 02:22 PM
Nope - I am playing career mode, and have the 'no external camera' and 'no event camera' unchecked both in career mode, and in the general options screen.

No dice.

TheBlobThing
05-04-08, 03:12 PM
No need to defend yourself I should think? I'm sure there are lots of people here that use the external camera.

Anyway, have you tried mapping it to another key? Otherwise try a fresh install of SHIV and TMO.

ReallyDedPoet
05-04-08, 03:37 PM
De-activate the Mod and do the below, then re-activate :yep: From the
read-me:

How do i get the next/ previous camera back?

The easiest way is to open the /data/cfg/commands.cfg in TMO. Search for " [Cmd50] " Your looking for these two blocks:

[Cmd50]
Name=Camera_on_next_unit
Ctxt=1
;Key0=0xBE,,">"
Page=0x34000000,3714

[Cmd51]
Name=Camera_on_prev_unit
Ctxt=1
;Key0=0xBC,,"<"
Page=0x34000000,3714

Simply remove the semicolon placed in front of the key assignment, and you have the next/previous cameras back. Note: this will restore hotkeys. It will not restore the buttons on the ordersbar.

RDP

Fincuan
05-04-08, 04:55 PM
read-me:

Those are the instructions on how to assign keys for the next/previous unit cam, while the key for the freecam(F12) is alredy there in TMO and requires no editing of files.

To the OP: The free camera in TMO works and comes up when you hit F12, just as you said. If it doesn't come up with F12 then recheck both options menus(career and regular). I know you said you'd already done this, but do it again because if it's the solution you just saved yourself from a lot of trouble. Are you using any other mods by the way?

bfindlay
05-04-08, 04:59 PM
read-me:

How do i get the next/ previous camera back?

The easiest way is to open the /data/cfg/commands.cfg in TMO. Search for " [Cmd50] " Your looking for these two blocks:

[Cmd50]
Name=Camera_on_next_unit
Ctxt=1
;Key0=0xBE,,">"
Page=0x34000000,3714

[Cmd51]
Name=Camera_on_prev_unit
Ctxt=1
;Key0=0xBC,,"<"
Page=0x34000000,3714

Simply remove the semicolon placed in front of the key assignment, and you have the next/previous cameras back. Note: this will restore hotkeys. It will not restore the buttons on the ordersbar.

RDP

That turns out not to be the case. Here are the entries exactly as they are in the commands line that I am running:

[Cmd50]
Name=Camera_on_next_unit
Ctxt=1
Key0=0xBE,,">"
Page=0x34000000,3714
[Cmd51]
Name=Camera_on_prev_unit
Ctxt=1
Key0=0xBC,,"<"
Page=0x34000000,3714

And here is the relevant line from the key I am actually trying to use:

[Cmd9]
Name=User_free_camera
Ctxt=1,2,9,11
MnID=0x3F02000B
Key0=0x7B,,"F12"

Now, I have never used the 'next/previous camera controls', but my understanding is that they are controls for the EVENT camera, not the FREE camera. In any case, pressing this key in game, when running TMO did nothing. The key in question is the > key (has a period under it). No effect.

Pressing F12 - to activate the free camera does - nothing!

However, this command file IS enabled and properly installed by JSGME when activating TMO - the F1 key shows the appropriate commands, and all the other ones seem to work - and are in their new places. So, the file is getting copied over - but yet the external camera (FREE camera) DOES NOT WORK.

So again, I cannot use TMO, since that camera is integral to the way I choose to play the game. Not a great tragedy in the overall scheme of life, yet frustrating, as TMO brings so many improvements that I would dearly love to use - but it also brings this deal breaker.

bfindlay
05-04-08, 05:17 PM
To the OP: The free camera in TMO works and comes up when you hit F12, just as you said. If it doesn't come up with F12 then recheck both options menus(career and regular). I know you said you'd already done this, but do it again because if it's the solution you just saved yourself from a lot of trouble. Are you using any other mods by the way?

Hi - No I am not using any other mods. SH4 - patched to 1.4, then TMO version 7z installed by the lastest 2.0122 JSGME.

Yes I just confirmed that the career (started a new one) and the regular options screens have 'no external camera' UNCHECKED.

Is there a way to test if my physical keyboard is sending the appropriate f12 key? Maybe it is a hardware issue.

PS, I am running this on an iMac under bootcamp. THus it is a native PC in this mode, running Windows XP. I doubt if that is a factor, (I am using a Logitech keyboard), but thought I should throw that into the discussion.

Fincuan
05-04-08, 05:30 PM
Is there a way to test if my physical keyboard is sending the appropriate f12 key? Maybe it is a hardware issue.

That would have been my next suggestion. You could try running SH4 without TMO and see if F12 does anything. It should bring up the captains logbook(the thing that shows mission objectives etc.). Running it on Mac under boocamp might also have something to do with the problem, but I'm not very familiar with the setup so I don't really know. Hopefully someone who knows will comment on this.

Claves_Mortis
07-08-17, 03:23 AM
Probably not supposed to revive a nine year old thread, but this still comes up as first result when you google 'trigger maru overhaul free cam' and it is not solved yet. I have been getting back on SHIV these days and been looking for the same thing as I couldn't remember how I did it in the past, so I dug through the files again and here you go.

Activate Free Cam in Trigger Maru Overhaul as follows:
1.a If you already activated the mod Trigger Maru Overhaul on your game installation: Navigate to your game folder, then Data, then Cfg, for example ...\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\Data\Cfg
1.b If you have not activated the mod yet and want to change the setting for the mod generally to be true right after activating the mod: Navigate to your Trigger Maru MOD folder, then Data, then Cfg, for example ...\MODS\1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5\Data\Cfg

2. Open the file GameplaySettings.cfg with any text editor, for example Notepad

3. In this file the first few entry blocks define the gameplay settings for the different difficulties as controlled by the Mod Trigger Maru - the settings in this file overrule whatever you set in the menu settings!
The headlines [Easy], [Normal], [Hard], [Realistic] represent the setting you pick on the screen where you enter your captain details and chose a submarine when starting a new career, so edit the respective one you want to play - or all of them.

4. Find whatever realism setting you want to change for whichever difficulty setting. Example: I generally play on realistic difficulty settings, but I enjoy the free cam for looking at my sub in the dawn and taking screenshots, so I go to the block [Realistic] and change the entry NoExternalView=true to NoExternalView=false to unlock the free cam.

NOTE FOR SAVEGAMES:
This does not affect savegames of already started campaigns. This will only change the behavior in a campaign started fresh after you make these changes. This is because the game creates the file GameplaySettings.cfg again for each and every savegame.

So, to change this setting in an existing savegame, go to Documets folder on your main hard drive, to the SHIV folder, and then the cfg folder and the folder of your actual savegame, for example:
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\SH4\data\cfg\SaveG ames\00000003 and change the same file GameplaySettings.cfg here as well.
Make sure you pick the right savegame folder (the last one named 00000001 or similar) for the savegame you want to edit.

Hope this helps someone else and I'm not the only one still playing SHIV.

:subsim: