PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Shoot downs

MonTana_Prussian
04-29-08, 09:20 AM
Does anyone know how much renown you get for killing aircraft? I usually avoid them by submerging,but during my current career,i've seem so many more than usual,and after my last patrol,decided to fight them,so when I RTB'd I bought 2 twin 20mm AA guns,and on the last patrol shot down 3 Bettys and 2 Zeros,and was just wondering if it's worth it.

Quillan
04-29-08, 09:32 AM
They're not worth the risk. I think you get something like 30-50 renown per plane you shoot down, but it's just not worth it. In the first place, if they hit you, you're screwed. In the second place, even if they don't hit you, you're going to be swarmed with enemy aircraft for the next 6-12 hours because they told their friends about you. Just dive whenever the SD radar picks up air contacts that are coming anywhere near you. It's much better that way.

W4lt3r
04-29-08, 10:48 AM
Easier said than done with the Pocket BB mod ^^, it's just joyful to shoot those planes down 2km or further away with the help of 11 AA guns on the thing :smug:

They tend to run outta ammo so fast that i had to adjust the amount myself (400 ammunition for a pocket BB's AA guns just aint enough ^^')

MonTana_Prussian
04-29-08, 01:38 PM
They're not worth the risk. I think you get something like 30-50 renown per plane you shoot down, but it's just not worth it. In the first place, if they hit you, you're screwed. In the second place, even if they don't hit you, you're going to be swarmed with enemy aircraft for the next 6-12 hours because they told their friends about you. Just dive whenever the SD radar picks up air contacts that are coming anywhere near you. It's much better that way.

Thanks. I have always submerged when aircraft are dectected,but my last patorol was constant dive/surface,so i thought,what the hell,may as well shoot 'em.

Quillan
04-29-08, 02:29 PM
I'm assuming you're running the stock game? Several of the mods revamp the aircraft layer in the campaign files; in TMO, I rarely see planes unless I'm near an enemy carrier, have been spotted by an enemy ship/plane, or happen to be in one of their major ASW search areas.

peabody
04-29-08, 04:21 PM
I am convinced Japan has the entire Pacific Ocean covered wing tip to wing tip with planes. It doesn't matter where or when I surface, within 2 second I get a radar contact!! I think the devs overdid it a bit.

Peabody

MonTana_Prussian
04-29-08, 08:32 PM
I'm assuming you're running the stock game? Several of the mods revamp the aircraft layer in the campaign files; in TMO, I rarely see planes unless I'm near an enemy carrier, have been spotted by an enemy ship/plane, or happen to be in one of their major ASW search areas.

Yes,I'm running stock 1.4,and there are a horrendous number of aircraft.

Quillan
04-30-08, 08:38 AM
As I said, there are several mods that change things. The only one I have personal experience with is Trigger Maru, which I highly recommend. Ducimus got rid of all the aircraft in the game except the ones that are specifically looking for submarines. There are still some out there, with certain areas covered more heavily than others, normally. When you've been spotted, the game spawns a lot of aircraft looking just for your boat at small intervals for a while, and there are always aircraft around an enemy carrier. I think Real Fleet Boat changed it as well, possibly Run Silent Run Deep did, and there's at least one mod that just alters the air layer of the campaign files. Stock is a little bit crazy, mainly because it has all the aircraft up there who would normally not be looking for subs as well.

Aur0ra145
04-30-08, 02:12 PM
Aircraft:
B5N2 Kate = 50
D3A1 Val = 50
Kyushu QzW1 = 50
A6M2 Zero = 50
F1M Pete = 30
G4M Betty = 50
H6K = 70
H8K = 100

Land:
Shore Batteries = 10 renown

Sea (Warships):
BB Yamato = 2500
BB Fuso = 1300
BB Ise = 1300
BB Kongo = 1200
CV Hiryu = 900
CV Shokaku = 900
CV Taiho = 900
CVE Akitsu = 400
CVE Taiyo = 600
CVS Chitose = 500
CA Furutaka = 500
CA Maya = 500
CA Mogami = 500
CA Takao = 500
CL Agano = 300
CL Kuma = 230
CL Naka = 230
DD Akizuki = 150
DD Asashio = 120
DD Fubuki = 120
DD Minekaze = 120
DD Mutsuki = 120
DD Shiratsuyu = 120
Sub Chaser = 40
Gun Boat = 70
SS Ko Hyoteki = 100 <--
SS Sen Toku = 400 <-- Sadly these don't have damage models so you can't sink them. Which makes you wonder why they assigned it a renown value.

Sea (Merchant):
KLCS Nagara = 250
NKLSS Hakusika = 250
NKMCS Akita = 150
NKMCS Heito = 150
NKMCS Zinbu = 160
NKMSS Biyo = 180
NKMSS Kinposan = 120
NKSCS Taihosan = 80
KSQ = 70
KSS = 70
NKSSS Kasagisan = 70
NLL = 220
LST = 220
NML Okinoshima = 200
NMS No13 = 100
NOL Nippon = 400
NOM Buzyun = 250
NOS Haruna = 120
NOTM = 340
Euroliner (NPL Conte Verde) = 900
NPL Horai = 400
NPL Kiturin = 300
NPS Tyohei = 100
NTR = 390
NTRW (Fishing Trawler) = 30
NVV = 230
NAMC = 700
NATF = 30
Sampan = 20
NLCVP (landing craft) = 20
Fishing boat = 20

You get 0 renown for killing liferafts and/or survivors.

Objectives:
Reaching the Objective = 500
Completing the Objective = 200
Completing a patrol = 100
1st rank renown = 1000 <-- ?
2nd rank renown = 3500 <-- No clue by what the mean with that.

Promotions:
500 = new build/model when available
1000 = new build/model when available
1500 = new build/model when available
2000 = new build/model when available

Deductions:
Sinking a friendly ship = -5000
Ending Campaign = -5000

All of these values I found in .cfg files, and put them hear. As far as the promotions are concerened, that's just my guess.

Why I'm at it.

WHAT ARE THE DEVELOPERS DOING?!?!? I've been questing through the file structure or SH4 v1.4 and finding a LOT of U-boat stuff (coding, menus, .cfg) everything except skins and models.

Did the dev crew always want to do this, but abandoned the idea originally, then came back to it?

The even have a BOAT LOAD of .dds of just about everything you need to start from scratch.

Admittidly most of these files are located in the Data/Menu/ though a substaintial about of these have been strewn throughout the Data file itself.

Am I going mad? Or are these files really just there, with everything ready to go except for the submarine skins and models?

Tebok
04-30-08, 04:23 PM
Just dive whenever the SD radar picks up air contacts that are coming anywhere near you. It's much better that way.

Ohh... I can go underwater?? Cool!! Thanks for the info, now I actually get close to convoys without being shot up! :know:

MonTana_Prussian
04-30-08, 05:36 PM
"145"...Thanks for the list!