PDA

View Full Version : Newb in need of help

Lynx2069
04-27-08, 07:02 PM
Hey guys,

First off I wanna say Kudos for the deep (no pun intended) community you've created.

Now to the question, I have been sent to patrol off the Marshall Islands, in Feb. of 42. I have been patroling off of them for over 2 weeks, im too the point where i just cruis all day at ahead slow, so i can (maybe) make it back to midway and then to pearl. What do I need to do to end the patrol, or am I just not searching the right area, I've been about 2000nm west of the most northern point of the Marshall Islands. I've also tried patrolling closer obviously. If someone could please provid assistance I would greatly appriciate it.

Quillan
04-27-08, 07:58 PM
There is jack-**** for enemy traffic in the Marshall Islands. Assuming you're playing the stock game, you had one of two orders:

Deploy to the Marshall Islands - If you got this order, as soon as you got within a certain distance of the star that objective lists as completed, and is followed up by a new objective Engage and destroy enemy merchant traffic. It doesn't matter where you engage and destroy the merchants, just that you do. In the stock game you need 10,000 tons of merchant ships sunk to complete the second objective.

Patrol the Marshall Islands - If you got this order, you need to get to within 100 km of the star and stay within that radius for 48 consecutive hours. Leaving the area resets the timer. Once you've spent 48 hours there, the objective is completed.

If you're running any mods, things may well change. A number of mods alter or completely redo the mission structure. Either way, complete the first objective and get the hell out of the Marshall Islands, unless you're looking for a boring vacation cruise.

bammac3
04-27-08, 09:30 PM
I just go to the star, stop, submerge to test depth, up periscope...(for some reason you need to have periscope up) silent running.......and excellerate time for 24 hours....then go do whatever you wish and still get credit for the patrol.

This I learned from these forums long ago, and it has saved me a lot of tedium.

Bam

Lynx2069
04-27-08, 09:32 PM
Thank you. I did manage to take out a few destroyers...on my way to Brisbane for refit...but now back to the Marshall islands to end this cruise of boredom. :up:

McBeck
04-28-08, 02:02 AM
Welcome to Subsim Lynx :D