PDA

View Full Version : Suggested mods with GWX 2.1

the.terrabyte.pirate
04-27-08, 02:14 PM
ATM I'm starting a new career with "vanilla" GWX 2.1. I'd like to know if anyone has any additional mods they could recommend that I try.

GoldenRivet
04-27-08, 02:38 PM
SH3 commander obviously just from a career managment standpoint.

OLC Environment 2 with OLC GUI special - more realistic manual targeting using a "whiz-wheel" and a better looking environment.

Life Boats and Debris version 2A... life boats with survivors appear and will call for help after sinking ships (they wont dissappear until you exit patrol, and they dont always appear, also the number of lifeboats seems to depend upon ship size)

Open Hatch mod included in GWX

Penelope_Grey
04-27-08, 02:42 PM
ATM I'm starting a new career with "vanilla" GWX 2.1. I'd like to know if anyone has any additional mods they could recommend that I try.
WHAT?!

You are claling GWX 2.1 "vanilla!?" If it was the stock game yes, but even calling that vanilla is not apt because vanilla IS a flavouring.... And GWX is the strongest vanilla flavouring, chocolate flavouring, mint flavouring, stale bread flavouring, smelly sock flavouring, caviar flavouring, champagne flavouring, strawberry flavouring, cabbage, rhubarb, cherry flavouring just about any conceivable kind of fecking flavouring you care for!!!

OMG!! Im gonna have seizure here! LMAO Times like this you want a cigarette! then you remember you don't smoke anymore and haven't for ages! ROFL

Um, I would think that GWX is all you need really... but if you wanna go with an additional mod why not give OLC's stuff a go? OLC has produced some excellent gear compatible with GWX.

And they just keep coming in the mods section there, mainly though, I would think that GWX 2.1 itself is enough.

the.terrabyte.pirate
04-27-08, 02:54 PM
WHAT?!

You are claling GWX 2.1 "vanilla!?" If it was the stock game yes, but even calling that vanilla is not apt because vanilla IS a flavouring.... And GWX is the strongest vanilla flavouring, chocolate flavouring, mint flavouring, stale bread flavouring, smelly sock flavouring, caviar flavouring, champagne flavouring, strawberry flavouring, cabbage, rhubarb, cherry flavouring just about any conceivable kind of fecking flavouring you care for!!!

OMG!! Im gonna have seizure here! LMAO Times like this you want a cigarette! then you remember you don't smoke anymore and haven't for ages! ROFL

Um, I would think that GWX is all you need really... but if you wanna go with an additional mod why not give OLC's stuff a go? OLC has produced some excellent gear compatible with GWX.

And they just keep coming in the mods section there, mainly though, I would think that GWX 2.1 itself is enough.
Sorry, "vanilla" being in the "" marks was meant to hint that the word wasn't completely accurate, but was the best that I could come up with at the time. :nope: I used "vanilla" in the sense that I had nothing else installed apart from SHIII and GWX 2.1.

BTW, should I install the mods and then begin a new career, or it is ok to mod the game in mid career?

Able72
04-27-08, 04:22 PM
Cut the kid some slack, geeze. We all know 'vanilla' means 'plain' or 'ordinary' or 'run of the mill'. All those things we ascribe to just runing GWX 2.1 by itself with no added spice ;)

hehe

Seriously, I run GWX 2.1 with the following:

GWX - 16km Atmosphere
GWX - Axis Mediterranean Aircraft Skins
GWX - English Nav Map and Grid Refs
GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects
GWX - Integrated Orders
GWX - Lite Harbor Traffic
GWX - No Medals on Crew
GWX - Open Hatch Mod
GWX - Contact Color
Officer_faces_NEW
CapZapBlueMenuModII
Das Boot Clothes
ANZACMICK_SH3_Das_Boot_Ino
DoubleMastValues
OLC GUI 1.2.3 Core Files
Stopwatch for OLC
Variable Renown for GWX 2.0 Five Percent
WH_IX_Series_Final_2048
Wazoo's Static Nonograph Mod2
Nav Map Bearing Tool

I'll wager if you have them run their JSGME activated mods snapshot, most folks wont have an empty list even if they play GWX 2.1 :D

No 'Vanilla' here :D:D:D:D:D

Do think I'm gonna try that OLCE mod though, sounds cool.

GoldenRivet
04-27-08, 04:39 PM
Able

Penelope is a big fan of the flavor vanilla and is familiar with the difficulty of obtaining a good vanilla flavor as well as the supposed complexity of the flavor.

in defense of the flavor vanilla she shows her mean streat :lol: by saying that by nio means is vanilla plain.

at any rate, it would probably be in everyones best interest if we all agreed to replace the term 'vanilla' with the term 'stock' :rotfl:

Sailor Steve
04-27-08, 05:05 PM
Anyone who's known Penny for any time at all knows that 'Vanilla' is a four letter word for her. But she's right. On the other hand, GWX is hardly 'Stock', either. Nor should it be called 'Plain'. Or 'Ordinary'.

We could just say '2.1'.

And she's right again: OLC's new combo mod looks very good. Oh, and don't forget to pick up BBW's 'Fix-it', which includes Nautilus/Trainer's Kiel Locks mods.

And the water streams and exhaust smoke mods.:sunny:

Penelope_Grey
04-27-08, 05:08 PM
My intention here was not to get on anybody's case and I hope nobody felt offended, it was the sheer surprise of seeing GWX referred to as "vanilla!" It just really took me onto the back foot.

I'm not saying that you can't use other things with your install, certainly not... me personally, I have GWX 2.1 and 6 included optional mods running and that's it. But that is what suits me fine see...

As I say lol... it was seeing GWX referred to as "Vanilla" just utterly surprised me :lol:

Because yes, Vanilla IS a flavouring and can be very very strong if you purcase decent quality versions of it.

Able72
04-27-08, 06:39 PM
My intention here was not to get on anybody's case and I hope nobody felt offended, it was the sheer surprise of seeing GWX referred to as "vanilla!" It just really took me onto the back foot.

I'm not saying that you can't use other things with your install, certainly not... me personally, I have GWX 2.1 and 6 included optional mods running and that's it. But that is what suits me fine see...

As I say lol... it was seeing GWX referred to as "Vanilla" just utterly surprised me :lol:

Because yes, Vanilla IS a flavouring and can be very very strong if you purcase decent quality versions of it.

LOL, hehe :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I took no offense and meant none in return.

Hell, I was just cracking a joke. In response to Pen's first reply. I took what she said as a joke as well. While I don't really consider the flavor Vanilla to be plain (I have a preference for that particular flavor myself) I do accept the common reference to it as such. hehe.

Ok, on to lighter notes. . .

STEED
04-28-08, 06:14 AM
Harbour sound
Torpedo damage final
LifeBoats&Debris v2
GWX-TA1.3_Seafloor - 256mb
Real Depth Charge
Bruns & Holt Locks Mod
The BBW AOTD-AA-Ship-Schleuse-Bugix.7z
Stopwatch and tube touch up, this was done by me just a little cosmetic change.

Jimbuna
04-28-08, 06:37 AM
Torpedo Damage Final
LifeBoats&Debris v2
Bruns & Holt Locks Mod
The BBW AOTD-AA-Ship-Schleuse-Bugix.7z

....and believe it or not, I still enjoy Sobers 3D Waves.

danurve
04-28-08, 08:45 AM

I recomend RL_E Updated. :arrgh!:

Venatore
04-29-08, 02:18 AM
I'm grabbing my ball and going home :shifty: no Ven mods mentioned, I'll use them in my own bath tub :lurk:Never got picked on the football team, never got invited to parties, mods never got a mention, oh the pain, oh the neglect ;)

TarJak
04-29-08, 02:53 AM
Nezzer mind Ven we still luvz U!:D

3Jane
04-29-08, 03:17 AM
Thwe ones I use

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/2396/90556357eo4.jpg

torpedolauss
04-29-08, 04:49 AM
Where can i find it?

predavolk
04-29-08, 08:24 AM
Does OLC allow you to keep current careers and does it increase (my already 20 minute!) load times? I already use manual targeting in GWX 2.0, so I don't need to change for that.

Jimbuna
04-29-08, 11:02 AM
I'm grabbing my ball and going home :shifty: no Ven mods mentioned, I'll use them in my own bath tub :lurk:Never got picked on the football team, never got invited to parties, mods never got a mention, oh the pain, oh the neglect ;)

LOL :lol:

There are another 27 I'm currently using (too numerous to mention them all) that include sub skins, loading music, uniforms etc. etc. ;)

onelifecrisis
04-29-08, 11:28 AM
Does OLC allow you to keep current careers and does it increase (my already 20 minute!) load times? I already use manual targeting in GWX 2.0, so I don't need to change for that.

I'm not sure which mod you're asking about, but none of my mods increase loading times. And yes, you can keep current careers, but in the case of the OLC Ubermod (OLCE2) I wouldn't recommend enabling it mid-patrol.