PDA

View Full Version : GWX + OLCE Uber = The Golden Combination

skookum
04-27-08, 01:37 AM
I just installed both GWX and OLCE Uber. Truly this combination has brought SH3 to the limits of the game engine. But surprisingly, the game now runs at a higher frame rate that with the previous versions of these mods. SH3 finally feels complete to me. What a fantastic game.

GoldenRivet
04-27-08, 01:50 AM
agreed, they are both mods that add the most to the game.

Also check out rubini's life boat mod

Venatore
04-27-08, 02:02 AM
SH3 finally feels complete to me.

Right, lets just see if you keep that frame of mind...........;)

Meridian
04-27-08, 03:10 AM
Hmmmmmm,

OK Ven, what do you have on the drawing board?

Venatore
04-27-08, 04:28 AM
Hmmmmmm,

OK Ven, what do you have on the drawing board?
Thats right my friend, your onto me.......:D

onelifecrisis
04-27-08, 04:42 PM

Catfish
04-28-08, 04:24 AM
Hello,
wow, just had a look at that OLCE thing ! This looks even photorealistic, i will have to try this as soon as i'm back in port. :D
Only question is what is this OLC GUI - looks good, but not to be able to switch periscope magnification from 1.5 to 6 (or 10 in GWX)? And is the waterstream mod compatible with those high-res graphics ?
Guess I will view the video first, thanks for those wonderfuul mods,
and greetings,
Catfish

kiwi_2005
04-28-08, 04:56 AM
I just installed both GWX and OLCE Uber. Truly this combination has brought SH3 to the limits of the game engine. But surprisingly, the game now runs at a higher frame rate that with the previous versions of these mods. SH3 finally feels complete to me. What a fantastic game.
:yep:

Running SH3/GWX/OLC 1.2.3 on main PC, haven't yet tried the uber version. On crappier PC which only has 512ram I got SH3 Stock :o and OLC. I figured GWX just wont run to well on 512ram. So opted for OLC mod which at least gives me perfect manual targetting making the stock abit more realistic - keeps that 40,000+ tonnage per patrol well down to 20,000 or less tonnage cause i suck at manual targetting:nope:

OneToughHerring
04-28-08, 05:21 AM
I concur, GWX and OLC make a good combo. Haven't yet gotten used to the GUI - thing, I guess I've gotten too used to the GWX's user interface so at least for now I use just OLCE.

Uber Gruber
04-28-08, 07:20 AM
If you really want to push the boat out then go for:

1. OLCs Uber Mod (Env + Gui)
2. Rubini and friends Life Boats 'n Debris Mod
3. Rubini's water stream mod
4. Racer Boys Exhaust Mod
5. Thomsens Sound Pack 2 (soon to be replaced by version 3)
6. The Merchant Fleet Pack mod (to be released shortly)
7. GWX 2.1
8. Jones' wonderfull SH3 Commander

And last,, but not least, Tomi's VIIc when its finished (VIIc/41 already available)

Finally, skin to taste and remain gawping for 10 minutes.

Catfish
04-28-08, 07:59 AM
Hello,
i just installed the OLCE mods, with the GUI.
To be exact it was SH3 with patch
GWX 2
GWX 2.1 update
then enabled optional mods from GWX via JSGME (merged campaign and no medals)
enabled Rubinis lifeboat and debris mod v. 1
copied OLCE part and part two into the JSGME folder, and enabled them.
As well copied the Uboat folder in SH3 commander (or better into mods, and then enabled it vis JSGME in SH3 Commander)

When i start SH3 via the SH3 commander all works, but i left the exterior camera on - when i now go for the exterior view via "." the view is going up and down erratically and uncontrolled, and the screen finally switching to F4 bridge view. Leaving the game the screen suddenly displays only 2/3rds from the left, rest is black ... huh ?

What did i do wrong ? Is there any other high res mod i would have to apply before OLCE, or is the external camera a no-go with this mod ?
Sorry if i overread something :oops:

Thanks and greetings,
Catfish

Philogogus
04-28-08, 01:38 PM
Skookum,

You would not be the same Skookum as the FARK Skookum would you?

Catfish
04-28-08, 01:40 PM
Hello,
camera problem with OLCE solved - PC restart and all worked. Why ? Don't ask me :doh:
Now i'm in for learning this attack disk thing ... :arrgh!:
Thanks and greetings,
Catfish