PDA

View Full Version : Strangeness !

Herr Trigger
04-26-08, 02:07 PM
Hello all,
A couple of strange things have been happening lately, I installed a new graphics card last week, geforce 7300gt 512mb, then installed GWX 2.1. had a massive problem with drivers, got new beta version, all ok. Run SH3, all ok until surfacing from depth, then I had a black sky with white clouds along with a luminous blue sea (time was 13:00 hrs, yes daylight), in command room I had triangular shards protruding from fixed points, back on conning tower crew had various transparencies from missing tiles?
I have changed drivers to no avail but have found out the strange sky/sea colours are a distance issue and were corrected on 8km scenery. Have just loaded OLCE2 and being 15km problem has returned. Any suggestions would be considered.

Also, on navmap have noticed from Danzig heading east some points labeled as 'Target Ships', could anyone please enlighten me as to what these are, I can only assume they are targets for training purposes, would i be correct?

Many Thanks again,

Herr Trigger.

bigboywooly
04-26-08, 02:11 PM
Yes the target are for training when starting inthe 7th flotilla in August

Re your multicoloured world - not a got a clue on that
In the past has been due to not rolling back SH3commander before adding another mod that changes the scene.dat

Jimbuna
04-26-08, 03:13 PM
Definitely the scene.dat. Perform a roll back and try the 8km (always happens in the 16km).

If the 8km is okay, uninstall the 16km mod, load or start a new career and at the end of your first patrol engage the 16km mod again.

Good Luck http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/pirate.gif

Doolar
04-26-08, 11:10 PM
Herr Trigger , when you said tried the new bata drivers , did you mean the new nVidia driver 174.74 ? And they did worked for you ? I've always had blackish triangles in the uzo and binoculars with a ship in the view . I've messed around with nHancer trying different settings .
Only The external view of my sub has triangles flashing at intermiten times too . Monday I should get my new video card an EVGA nVidia 7600gt with 512mb DDR2 memory . Hey new card , new driver , ya never know .

Herr Trigger
04-27-08, 05:08 AM
The beta driver is 174.74, it seems to work fine. I installed it as it had good reports in the SH4 forum. I don't use nhancer anymore as there were issues and the new Nvidia control panel covers all aspects the nhancer does.
I installed all mods on rollback, I must admit, there were no problems on 8km distance, but now I'm using OLCE2 which is set on 15km I'm having the same problems that I had with 16km scenery. Worry not, I shall uninstall all mods and try again.
What bugs me though is that until recently I was on SH3 /GWX 2.0 with a worn out Geforce 6200 256mb with no problems with distance scenery, just low fps, but it all worked. Now I'm on fantastic fps but terrible visuals. Strange.
Thanks for your responses,

Herr Trigger.

Doolar
04-27-08, 10:29 AM
Herr Trigger , I too have a ( eVGA ) GeForce 6200 / 256mb card that worked great , that is now sitting on the shelf . I had some doughts about nHancer and had concidered removing it , in favor of going back to the nVidia control panel . My current card is a XFX GF7600gt / 256mb that I've never been happy with . Thats why I'm making another switch . After I tell my wife that , I'll be run'n silent around my house for a day or so LOL .

Doolar
04-27-08, 12:08 PM
The new driver ( 174.74 ) has fixed my video problems !!! :D I've also uninstalled nHancer and am using the nVidia Control Panel for settings . Its even fixed a video problems ( black triangles also ) on another game I play ( Sudden Strike ) too . I need a cold beer !!!

Herr Trigger
04-28-08, 12:41 PM
Hi Dooler Semler,
It's a strange old business, regarding my first post with it's problems and all, after trying all else I last night removed the beta driver and installed version 91.47 dated 2006! it was the one I used for the old 6200 card, and guess what? It works wonders. The problems I had are no longer apparent apart from a minor drop in fps. I haven't tried the new card with BF2 yet ( the old one wasn't up to it ) but to be honest and not having PCI-Express slots, i wish I'd gone for a 6800 turbo, my son's got one and it's the bizz!
Like I mentioned earlier, I had issues with nhancer, it seemed to conflict with nvidia control panel and vice-versa, so off it went and I'm now quite happy with the default package, I've cranked all the settings up beyond what i had with nhancer and no problems.
Nice one,

Herr Trigger.