PDA

View Full Version : Q for video editors

Dowly
04-25-08, 10:43 AM
Hellloooo!

I've been looking ages for a way to make the screen shake when there's, for example, an explosion. I'm aware of a effect that was made for Windows Movie Maker, but I didnt like that one. Atm, the programs I have access to are WMM, Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects. Anyone know a simple way to add shakiness to a video or any good tutorials?

Thanks! :up:

Letum
04-25-08, 10:59 AM
Yer, I made a tiny, tiny script for this in aftereffects, I will try to find/remember/recreate it......

Dowly
04-25-08, 11:00 AM
Yer, I made a tiny, tiny script for this in aftereffects, I will try to find/remember/recreate it......

That would be great mate! Tho, if it's too much trouble, then no need to bother. I know I can do shakiness manually by moving the video around, but tooo much work! ;)

Letum
04-25-08, 11:13 AM
Sorry, but I can't find what I did and it has been a long time since I used AE.
It was more designed to simulate a handheld camera, rather than explosion shakes any way and it might have been hard to adapt.

I can only advise you do the shakes manually and add plenty of blur (With a Z-Depth mask if you have one).
Sorry :oops:

Dowly
04-25-08, 11:32 AM
Sorry, but I can't find what I did and it has been a long time since I used AE.
It was more designed to simulate a handheld camera, rather than explosion shakes any way and it might have been hard to adapt.

I can only advise you do the shakes manually and add plenty of blur (With a Z-Depth mask if you have one).
Sorry :oops:

No worries mate. Like I said, I know how to make it manually, but was just seeking for a fast way.

Kratos
04-25-08, 01:20 PM
Just read this thread... hope this can help Dowly :up:

http://www.graymachine.com/tutorials/camerashake.html

you'll need Q/time installed.;)