PDA

View Full Version : DVD Protectionsystem Issue GWX2.1

Xenomorphobia
04-20-08, 11:33 AM
hi Kaleuns!

i recently finished installing SHIII with GWX2.1. trying to start via "Silent Hunter III with GWX 2.1" desktop-icon directly after the installation (no additional changes were made) i was forced to enter the DVD key - this is nothing serious......but

the following protectionsystem- routine always hungs up at 1/4 into the process and my system doesn't respond to anything i try since then.

taskmanager: "protectionsystem - no response"
This entry is shown twice in here.

SHIII wasn't installed on my machine before so its completely fresh.

i did a
SHIII DVD -> Patch1.4b -> GWX2.0Installer -> GWX2.1Updater
installation into a seperate partition P:\SHIII (OS is on C:\)

this way it worked with all other previous mods like GWX1.0 for example.

i would be very happy if someone can help me out in this case and i wanna thank you in advance for doing so.

good hunting, kaleuns!

Catfish
04-20-08, 11:44 AM
Hello,
don't know but did you run SH3 with the 1.4 patch once prior to install the GWX mod ? It should also run the way you reported, but ... anyone ?
Greetings,
Catfish

mcf1
04-20-08, 11:49 AM
originally posted by Xenomorphobia
hi Kaleuns!
i recently finished installing SHIII with GWX2.1. trying to start via "Silent Hunter III with GWX 2.1" desktop-icon directly after the installation (no additional changes were made) i was forced to enter the DVD key - this is nothing serious......but

the following protectionsystem- routine always hungs up at 1/4 into the process and my system doesn't respond to anything i try since then.

taskmanager: "protectionsystem - no response"
This entry is shown twice in here.

SHIII wasn't installed on my machine before so its completely fresh.

i did a
SHIII DVD -> Patch1.4b -> GWX2.0Installer -> GWX2.1Updater
installation into a seperate partition P:\SHIII (OS is on C:\)

Check your PM

Xenomorphobia
04-20-08, 12:03 PM
Hello,
don't know but did you run SH3 with the 1.4 patch once prior to install the GWX mod ? It should also run the way you reported, but ... anyone ?
Greetings,
Catfish
No, didn't! the sequence was exactly like i stated before. i better should have made a test run to ensure that it is a gwx related issue. U're absolutely right, mate.

Hello,
Check your PM

thx, mate. i'll do so!

irish1958
04-20-08, 12:35 PM
Welcome Aboard.
If the PM doesn't solve your porblem, please check back.

Xenomorphobia
04-20-08, 12:39 PM
.hmmmmm .... :hmm:
now it works .... but .... no additional changes were made.

three times my system broke down before i decided to post my issue here.
after some suggestions by mcf1 i tried to run GWX2.1 for al last time before applying the suggested changes .... and somehow now it works.

hey, mcf1. i don't know who u r but u must have some unknown influence to my machine.....:rotfl:

thanks to all who offered their help;)

now i can go hunting!!!!!

_Seth_
04-20-08, 12:42 PM
Welcome aboard, matey! Please share the solution with the rest of the members, in case there are more mateys out there with the same problem! :yep::yep::up:

Catfish
04-20-08, 01:10 PM
Hello,

Seth wrote

"... Please share the solution with the rest of the members, in case there are more mateys out there with the same problem! ... "

I second that ! What did you do ?

Greetings,
Catfish

mcf1
04-20-08, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Xenomorphobia
hmmmmm .... :hmm:
now it works .... but .... no additional changes were made.

three times my system broke down before i decided to post my issue here.
after some suggestions by mcf1 i tried to run GWX2.1 for al last time before applying the s
uggested changes .... and somehow now it works.

hey, mcf1. i don't know who u r but u must have some unknown influence to my machine.....:rotfl:

thanks to all who offered their help;)

now i can go hunting!!!!!
Glad if I could help
PS I don't have any influence just had a similar problem because the dvd was
f....d. You know the f word

Originally posted by Catfish
Seth wrote

"... Please share the solution with the rest of the members, in case there are more mateys out there with the same problem! ... "

I second that ! What did you do ?

Greetings,
Catfish
sorry about that:smug: you're right
it's a *Mod edit: ...please read forum rules, no mentioning of such things here...*, I don't know about legal issues in other countries
hope you understand

Xenomorphobia
04-20-08, 02:39 PM
.hmmmmm .... :hmm:
.... no additional changes were made.

... before applying the suggested changes .... and somehow now it works.

i 've to quote myself and sorry if i expressed myself mistakable. shure, if i would be aware of what went wrong and which steps i made i would have told you.

but the fact is: i don't know why suddenly it works cos i haven't made any changes.

after receiving mcf1's PM to download 1.4v eng and give it a try, i decided to run "SilentHunterIII with GWX 2.1" one more time before following mcf1's suggestion.

as known and mentioned before the protection window appeared and the "checking disc" progress notification for a short time freezed at 25 to 30% the way. at this point the hung up appeared in all previous efforts to run the game.

but all the sudden the progress notification started to grow all the way up to 100% disc checking and the GWX2.1 load screen appeared.

.....like there was no problem before.

maybe its a DVD based problem. i remember that i tried three times to install SHIII stock game from dvd.

the first time i couldn't even start the installation cos of a file reported to be not found.

the second time and at about 90% into the installation process it was terminated by a message "script based installation failed" or something like that.

then the third time of course i could finish the process, without any problems.

so guys, i don't really know what is the problem and i swear not to hide something from u. i would have shared all the steps i made but they simply do not exist.

these issues suddenly apperaed and they disappeared the same way.

i don't wanna confuse u much more than i am for the moment but i hope this post somehow is a good explanation for what ever.

guys, please consider that i'm german and maybe i'll be misunderstood. if so feel free to let me know and ask for some better explanation.:roll:

Thanks alot and good hunting, kaleuns!!!!!!

Xenomorphobia
04-20-08, 02:51 PM
Glad if I could help
PS I don't have any influence just had a similar problem because the dvd was
f....d. You know the f word

:rotfl: .... i know mate, i know..... a f....d up dvd. maybe that's the one to blame for me, too!

point for u, mcf1!

_Seth_
04-20-08, 03:35 PM
Sorry guys, this thread took a wrong turn....And the issue is obvious..:shifty:
Closed.