PDA

View Full Version : Flak on Ships?

Mudpig
04-18-08, 07:27 PM
Anyone got an Idea how to get the Flak to fire on Ships and such? Well its not an option on any Sub with GWX but it certainly could save your Ass with the S-Boot Mod.

Anyone?

GoldenRivet
04-18-08, 08:08 PM
flak guns can not be ordered to fire on other ships in SH3... however you can man the gun yourself and do this. thats the only way

3Jane
04-18-08, 08:26 PM
You can sink coastal tankers just as fast with the flak gun as with the deck gun, saving the deck gun ammunition for larger items.

GoldenRivet
04-18-08, 09:38 PM
looks like he is playing the S boot mod... the S boot only has flak guns.

i think he is wanting a way to attack other boats without having to man the flak guns himself.

AFAIK there is no way to get flak guns to automatically target other boats... you must do this yourself.

Mudpig
04-19-08, 05:57 AM
GoldenRivet is right. Well, manning the gun myself, ok. To bad you can't slave the other guns to your aim...hmm. Anyway I wondered why the AI boats and ships come at you all guns blazing. Including the Flak-Guns. So I thought it would be possible to make the Player Boat thinking its AI. Yeah I know sounds strange but hey I so like that S-boot mod and I hate loosing the Firpower of those four 20mm Guns.
But then again SH3 was supposed to be a Subsim and fighting on the surface isn't an option most of the time, so I can't blame the Defs not forseeing the creative Energy of guys like Mikhayl. :yep:

Thanks for the quick response guys I am back on the Helm. :D

Kipparikalle
04-19-08, 10:59 AM
Anyway I wondered why the AI boats and ships come at you all guns blazing. Including the Flak-Guns. So I thought it would be possible to make the Player Boat thinking its AI.

If I remember right there was some issue that prevented devs to use the same AI on own boat, hardcoded thing that cannot be changed without the sourcecode.