View Full Version : Cops: 3rd-Graders Aimed to Hurt Teacher

SUBMAN1
04-18-08, 04:58 PM
What next?

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/wireStory?id=4567616

-S

Platapus
04-19-08, 06:51 AM
Just what the hell is with people's kids these days.

When I was in the third grade (back in the caveman's time) there were teachers I really hated. Boy did I hate them. From their irrational desires for me to sit in my chair quietly to their unreasonable expectation of homework. I really really hated some of my teachers.

But the thought of hurting one of my teachers never entered my mind no less conspiring to bring the means to the school. It is not like I had to make a moral decision that hurting my teacher was wrong.. it just never occurred to me as even a remote option.

And I don't think I was alone in this. We all hated some of the teachers, sometimes we hated the same teacher. But we never never even considered actually hurting her. It just was not done.

When did this change?

I find this story so deeply disturbing.

8 year old kids should not be planning on how to attack, restrain, and kill their teacher. They should be planning on how to play ball or something.

These kids need
1. To be locked up where they can't hurt anyone
2. To undergo some extensive psychological treatment. They are very mentally ill, and most certainly a threat to society.
3. The parents of these criminals need to be fully investigated. There has to be a cause and I would look first to the parents.

What the hell is with some people's kids?

The WosMan
04-19-08, 11:25 AM
Bad parenting, parents and teachers not being able to discipline their children, correcting bad behavior with medication vs the old fashioned way, no respect for authority or elders, instant gratification culture, not letting kids play tag or other games because they might get hurt, giving awards or trophies out for failure (which isn't the way the world works kids), the promotion of sexuality in kids before they are ready (have you seen the clothes they sell for little girls so you can make your 8 year old daughter look like a stripper or those Bratz dolls for girls), society placing less and less emphasis on gender rolls due to political correctness, etc. I could go on and on and on but this is what is screwing up kids.

Much of this is has been caused by left thinking policy makers, ACLU lawyers, college professors who have in the last 40 - 50 years slowly chiped away at our founding principles and made political correctness, the feminization of our society, the devaluation of morals, and deemphasis of our judeo-christian way of life their main goals.

3Jane
04-19-08, 11:37 AM
Much of this is has been caused by left thinking policy makers, ACLU lawyers, college professors who have in the last 40 - 50 years slowly chiped away at our founding principles and made political correctness, the feminization of our society, the devaluation of morals, and deemphasis of our judeo-christian way of life their main goals.[/quote]

Arrant claptrap

The WosMan
04-19-08, 11:37 AM
No, that is fact.

August
04-19-08, 11:52 AM
Arrant claptrap

So what is behind this phenomenon then?

mrbeast
04-19-08, 01:19 PM
No, that is fact.

No thats your opinion.

Platapus
04-19-08, 01:59 PM
Wow, I never knew that "the left" (what ever that term means) was so dominant in our society.

And as for those pesky ACLU lawyers? sheeesh representing citizen's rights and stuff. Where do they get off anyway? Do they think this country was formed based on a concern for citizen's rights or something?? Let the government tell people what rights they have and don't have.

And those college professors. Higher learning bah! People would be much better off not learnin any of that history and philosophy stuff. Perhaps we would be better off not exposing our young adults to other critical ways of thinking. We will just learn the old ways. Learnin just gives them uppity ideas anyway.

Wow, I have seen the light. Keep the citizens submissive and ignorant.

Our society would be much better off without anyone fighting for citizen's rights and if we get rid of those college professors the citizens won't know what they are missing.

And here I thought it was just poor parenting.
:rotfl:

jumpy
04-19-08, 02:04 PM
Don't know about over there, but here in the uk teachers are not allowed to enforce their authority over unruly kids - with a thick ear, for example. So children who have no discipline at home are not made to behave at school either. Some kids need that kind of attention or they'll run riot; but these days it's all 'go sit in the confidential room and think about what you've done' or further alienate them by excluding them from school. Whatever happened to good old suspension or expulsion and a bit of healthy fear and respect instilled by teachers you know you cannot mess with without consequences?

/not in my day.

Platapus
04-19-08, 02:55 PM
I know that when I was a kid, the least of my worries were the police or my teachers. If I even thought of doing some of the stuff kids do today, If I were lucky, the police would put me in jail otherwise my parents would deal with me and that was the last thing I wanted :)

By no means do I advocate beating kids like we were beaten, but the occasional ass-whoopin does wonders for a kid's character. :up:

kurtz
04-19-08, 03:58 PM
Don't know about over there, but here in the uk teachers are not allowed to enforce their authority over unruly kids - with a thick ear, for example. So children who have no discipline at home are not made to behave at school either. Some kids need that kind of attention or they'll run riot; but these days it's all 'go sit in the confidential room and think about what you've done' or further alienate them by excluding them from school. Whatever happened to good old suspension or expulsion and a bit of healthy fear and respect instilled by teachers you know you cannot mess with without consequences?

/not in my day.

Talking with teachers the prob;em seems to be older than that. The parents of the children who are in trouble are generally far worse than the pupils themselves. But have been given the impression that their views are as valid as anyone else's.

fatty
04-19-08, 04:20 PM
Wow, I never knew that "the left" (what ever that term means) was so dominant in our society.

And as for those pesky ACLU lawyers? sheeesh representing citizen's rights and stuff. Where do they get off anyway? Do they think this country was formed based on a concern for citizen's rights or something?? Let the government tell people what rights they have and don't have.

And those college professors. Higher learning bah! People would be much better off not learnin any of that history and philosophy stuff. Perhaps we would be better off not exposing our young adults to other critical ways of thinking. We will just learn the old ways. Learnin just gives them uppity ideas anyway.

Wow, I have seen the light. Keep the citizens submissive and ignorant.

Our society would be much better off without anyone fighting for citizen's rights and if we get rid of those college professors the citizens won't know what they are missing.

And here I thought it was just poor parenting.
:rotfl:

Nice post. You always call it like it is. Plata-"straight shooter"-pus

bookworm_020
04-20-08, 07:00 PM
I bet the teacher will think twice before she gives detention!:huh: