PDA

View Full Version : *** New WWII Pacific Theatre Game!! ***

digitizedsoul
04-15-08, 08:18 PM
So it looks like a team of modders are creating a mod for based on the cryengine2 (crysis) dx10 engine!!! Can you IMAGINE how amazing that will be with those graphics / physics?

Check out the info here:

http://www.steppingstonesmod.com/

Neal I think this may be worth a post on the front page my friend. Any WWII game created around that engine would be worth playing for the sheer fact that it is just amazing.

Dowly
04-16-08, 02:30 PM
Meh, CryEngine is a techdemo. VERY poorly optimized for actual playing. both gameplay and performance.

SUBMAN1
04-16-08, 03:49 PM
Meh, CryEngine is a techdemo. VERY poorly optimized for actual playing. both gameplay and performance.It runs great. Maybe thats a hint that you need an upgrade. :p

ANd yes, this would be a fun engine to have for a WWII theatre.

-S

Dowly
04-16-08, 04:04 PM
Meh, CryEngine is a techdemo. VERY poorly optimized for actual playing. both gameplay and performance.It runs great. Maybe thats a hint that you need an upgrade. :p

ANd yes, this would be a fun engine to have for a WWII theatre.

-S

AMD X2 Dual Core 6000+, 2Gigs of RAM and a Geforce 8800GTS 512Mb. Runs every game just fine except Crysis. Without any tweaking, I can play it on medium with ~30fps, making the game look worse at some parts than other games I get 70+ fps from.