PDA

View Full Version : Any SH3 kaleuns on Myspace?

GoldenRivet
04-13-08, 11:42 PM
Here is a link to my Myspace page.

just thought myspace would be an interesting way for some of the Atlantic Hunters to keep track of one another. :rock:

http://www.myspace.com/johnboyaviator

Platapus
04-14-08, 05:32 AM
nope never had a myspace page.

Do you like it? What do you really use it for?

I have to admit I don't understand the purpose of such things. My friends all know me (thats why they are my friends). :up:

the.terrabyte.pirate
04-14-08, 06:02 AM
I've only ever used facebook...

CptGrayWolf
04-14-08, 06:12 AM
I'm against all social networking sites, don't get me started... :shifty:

SmokinTep
04-14-08, 06:27 AM
Never been to the site.

GoldenRivet
04-14-08, 11:05 AM
I use it mostly to keep up with friends who have moved off to great distances, or friends on military deployment and family members who live in other states etc etc.

thats mostly all i use it for.

Its just an easy way to share pictures and videos and keep in touch with with all of my friends without having to upload pics and vides etc in e mail and send them to every individual person.

and with the privacy settings, i dont have to socialize with anyone i dont want to. its kinda cool, just helps keep me in touch with people i would otherwise rarely get a chance to speak with.

trongey
04-14-08, 11:18 AM
If I wanted to have social interaction with people I wouldn't have bought SHIII.

Sailor Steve
04-14-08, 11:19 AM
If I wanted to have social interaction with people I wouldn't have bought SHIII.
So what are you doing interacting with us losers? Shut off the 'net and PLAY!:rotfl:

trongey
04-14-08, 11:24 AM
This isn't social. It's educational/tactical.;)

Sailor Steve
04-14-08, 11:26 AM
Got it!:rock:

GoldenRivet
04-14-08, 11:28 AM
"Social"

adj.

Living together in communities.
Of or relating to communal living.
Of or relating to human society and its modes of organization: social classes; social problems; a social issue.
Living together in organized groups or similar close aggregates: Ants are social insects.
Involving allies or members of a confederacy.
Of or relating to the upper classes.

Inclined to seek out or enjoy the company of others; sociable.
Spent in or marked by friendly relations or companionship.
Intended for convivial activities.
Of, relating to, or occupied with matters affecting human welfare: social programs.sounds exactly like what we do here at the subsim community.

:rotfl:

if you dont likle myspace/facebook thats cool... just curious if there are any here who do.

note: you dont have to be a rapist to have a myspace account... but it helps

CptGrayWolf
04-14-08, 11:33 AM
Forums are social but it's not 'networking'.

GoldenRivet
04-14-08, 11:39 AM
networking:

"Expanding one's social network or sphere of influence by initiating mutually advantageous new relationships with people."

exactly what we do here at subsim... we have mutually advantageous relationships with other SH3 kaleuns. mutually advantageous in the sense that we exchange ideas, stories, and tactics that make each of us better, stronger and more effective players.

Jimbuna
04-14-08, 01:21 PM
Opened an account once on the recommendation of BBW or somebody else on the GWX Team (not really sure now) and promptly forgot my login details :oops:

Nice picture....the cigar and bottle bit :p

CptGrayWolf
04-14-08, 01:49 PM
networking:

"Expanding one's social network or sphere of influence by initiating mutually advantageous new relationships with people."

exactly what we do here at subsim... we have mutually advantageous relationships with other SH3 kaleuns. mutually advantageous in the sense that we exchange ideas, stories, and tactics that make each of us better, stronger and more effective players.

Oh ok, can I add you to my top 5 friends list then? :rotfl:

FIREWALL
04-14-08, 02:19 PM
Opened an account once on the recommendation of BBW or somebody else on the GWX Team (not really sure now) and promptly forgot my login details :oops:

It figures you'de find the smokes and the booze first. :p

Save some for me. :yep:

STEED
04-14-08, 03:07 PM
I'm against all social networking sites, don't get me started... :shifty:

I have to agree, hackers Paradise with your info.

Brag
04-14-08, 04:02 PM
I haven't figured out how to work it, but I'm there :88)

GoldenRivet
04-14-08, 04:24 PM

One has to get the R&R going steady after a tough work week.

all good things in moderation you know? :up:

Its actually been quite a long time since i sampled any cigars... probably a good thing (i enjoy one about every 4 - 6 months)

Kpt, Otto
04-14-08, 04:37 PM
I had a myspace page, did quite a bit of work on it too.

Then they banned my video's and resized all my pictures so I told them to shove it!!! :damn:

Never again... once bitten twice shy.

Oh and dont get me started on all the messenger spam...

the amount of so called young ladies who contacted me and wanted to talk to me ... over at their swinger sites that is.... oh my goodness! :roll:

nope not for me. :dead:

GoldenRivet
04-14-08, 04:41 PM
I used to get a lot of that... now not so much, it seems that have put this encrypted verification stuff you have to type every time you want to send a message.

Im enjoying it so far, time will tell as with all things.

Kpt, Otto
04-14-08, 04:52 PM
I used to get a lot of that... now not so much, it seems that have put this encrypted verification stuff you have to type every time you want to send a message.

Im enjoying it so far, time will tell as with all things.

Yes that does in the end stop that message spam.

I did have quite a bit of fun with that page for a while, and it helped me to learn CSS more quickly cos it uses that to customise things.

The thing that upset me the most was the resizing of my pictures.

But in the end I found communicating with friends over distance by webcam or instant messenger to be more easier.

I agree though it was fun for a while.

:sunny:

Kaleu. Jochen Mohr
04-14-08, 05:10 PM
Here is a link to my Myspace page.

just thought myspace would be an interesting way for some of the Atlantic Hunters to keep track of one another. :rock:

http://www.myspace.com/johnboyaviator
yes i have one to :D
http://www.myspace.com/evangelion_unit_03

dont mind all the vids on there :p

Kaleu. Jochen Mohr
04-14-08, 05:12 PM
the amount of so called young ladies who contacted me and wanted to talk to me ... over at their swinger sites that is.... oh my goodness! :roll:

i dont even bother to look at any message, any incomming message is moved to the recycle bin :smug:

and i check out the pages of ppl first before accepting they're friend invites

GoldenRivet
04-14-08, 05:16 PM
nice page

Kaleu. Jochen Mohr
04-14-08, 05:22 PM
nice page
:lol:
that didnt took long..
i have fiddled with it for a long time untill i got it like this.. i only want to edit the text and the part with the options like "friend invite" "send message" etc ect, but so far havnt been able to do

Platapus
04-14-08, 05:37 PM
Last time I was on Myspace I met a 14 year old girl posing as an FBI agent. :oops:

CptGrayWolf
04-14-08, 05:39 PM
Last time I was on Myspace I met a 14 year old girl posing as an FBI agent. :oops:

:rotfl: :o

Mil_tera
04-14-08, 05:52 PM
Good to hear I am not the only one..:) I use it to find new friends after moving from the Netherlands to the USA.

http://www.myspace.com/milcog

Madox58
04-14-08, 06:00 PM
I,m there.
I have like
2 friends approved, (one's my wife)
75 gazillion requesting to be "My Friend",
and I never go there.

All my on-line friends have my e-mail or are on forums I visit.

All my real life friends?
I don't talk to them,
they bug me.

GoldenRivet
04-14-08, 06:24 PM
I,m there.
I have like
2 friends approved, (one's my wife)
75 gazillion requesting to be "My Friend",
and I never go there.

All my on-line friends have my e-mail or are on forums I visit.

All my real life friends?
I don't talk to them,
they bug me.

Now thats funny. I had a good page going but deleted It a few months ago as an ex girlfriend was causing trouble which made living with my wife rather interesting. I'm back though assuming the "psycho hose beast" is blocked haha

Jimbuna
04-15-08, 10:20 AM

Wow!!....was she nice :p