PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP 08

AJ!
04-06-08, 12:01 PM
Hey all

I have no idea whether my post will fall on deaf ears as i have no idea how many people here at subsim are interested in motorbike racing

Personally ive always been a motorbike nut. Anything from super sports bikes to cruisers and custom choppers brings a huge grin to my face ( im still riding a 125 by the way :oops: )

Anyway has anyone been following the 2008 GP races so far?
Its been a very interesting season so far with stoners fumbles and pedrosa leaving everyone else standing at Jerez. Also new comers like Toseland coming over from world superbikes and lorenzo from 250 are really adding some variety to the pack and giving the doctor a run for his money :up:

Steel_Tomb
04-06-08, 12:22 PM
I haven't been following them as such, but would like it stickied like the F1 thread! I'm a bike nut too, saving for a sports 600 as we speak :D hopefully a 675 Daytona! What 125 you got AJ? CBR? RS?

Steel_Tomb
04-06-08, 12:59 PM
Well its nice to see some competition for Rossi. But Stoner is just an arse, hes so up him own ass its untrue. When the fans stayed to see him, he just ignored them while a lot of the other riders took their time to sign as many books etc as possible. He laps up the glory but when something goes wrong hes the last person he will blame, always someone else to blame but himself.

I look forward to JT's future in MotoGP, shame hes gotten off to such a bad start with illness. He did wonders in WSB for Britain, would be super to see a brit on top in MotoGP!

AJ!
04-06-08, 01:42 PM
I totaly agree. Stoners title seems to have gone to his head. I felt sorry for him in 2006 with the amount of crashes he kept having but now hes just too cocky. I also feel the same about lorenzo and was glad to see pedrosa wipe the floor with him ;)

JT looked great last year on that hannspree fireblade. Its good he adapted so quick to that yamaha

I am also very interested in the competition with the factories. Its great to see the big names such as honda and kawasaki putting everything they have into producing the prototype bikes.

Steel_Tomb youve got a great taste in bikes. The 675 Daytona is a smashing bike and triumph is one of the best manufacturers i can think of :up:

Personally my dream bike is the 2007 CBR 600RR and to answer your question my bike is a Gilera SC 125. Its a nippy little sport bike. Great for city commuting

http://www.mc-huset.no/loxkel/gilera06/sc1252-500.jpg

Steel_Tomb
04-06-08, 05:14 PM
Slowly but surely we will all get the bike of our dreams, unless its a Desmodecidi which are should we say something of a rarity! The Honda is a great bike, but sometimes bikes are so perfect they're no fun. I like a bike that has an unforgiving side to it which makes for a bit of a challenge. I'm running around a knackered Kwak GPZ500S, shes gone through three winters now so shes starting to rust away poor thing. Joining the RAF at the end of the year so I think its going to be a wee while before I've got the keys to that Daytona. Thinking of getting it in black with the extra union flag paint job on the front, looks the mutts nuts! :rock: I've loved Daytona's, ever since the stealth fighter 650 won the TT in 2003 (I believe? I stand to be corrected on that).

AJ are you a full license holder, or are you still on L plates? If so I'd get down to a test centre ASAP before the blessed government makes it even harder to get a license!

Oh, I doubt your lil' 125 will be causing the cops to go mental, but watch horse boxes in North Wales. Brunstrom in all his bloody crazy wisdom has started a new craze in which the ol' bill will park empty horse boxes on the side of the road and put a copper with a Gatso in it... just be aware!

Thats a lovely 125 by the way, I had a TZR50 yam in blue, without the front fairing I had a universal light fairing on the front 'cos the first owner dropped it and would have cost too much in fairings and stickers to replace so we ripped it off!

http://blogs.nowpos.com/UserFiles/jayan/Image/tzr50-09.jpg

My dads a bike nutter too, he owns a Yam FZ6 Fazer '05 plate, an FJR1300 '07 plate and a 1978 Honda CX500, awesome bike it puuuuurs along :p. My godparent Mike is into bikes in a big way too, he restores old Vincents, hes got a rapeed (sp?) shadows in their different types top notch stuff.

AJ!
04-08-08, 11:30 AM
Fantastic bikes :up:

Yeah i know what you mean about the fairing cost. I havnt got the side fairing on my bike after a crash and havnt bothered replacing them as it would cost about 400 pounds..... all for a bit of plastic ;)

Lurchi
04-08-08, 12:50 PM
I enjoy watching Motorcycle Racing. I usually miss the 125 and 250 Races and watch MotoGP only with Rossi as favourite driver.

Personally i have an older year 2000 Kawasaki Ninja 600 which also has some scratches on its right side now after a 90 degree bank :oops:. I am thinking about a new colour scheme for it anyway ...

Hakahura
04-08-08, 02:57 PM
Long time bike fan here.
Been on 2 wheels for nearly 20 years now.

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/8253/vfrms5.jpg

My current ride.

The '08 season looks like being one of the best of the Moto GP era.
No blatently superior bikes yet this season and IMHO at least 4 riders with a good shot at the title.
Personally I would like to see Vale' do it one more time. I just hope Yamaha don't let him down.
For my money no one else has done so much to popularise the sport in many years.
An absolute genius on 2 wheels even when his bike is one of the slowest on the grid.

I'm sure most Moto GP fans are aware of this site...

http://www.motogp.com/en/motogp/index.htm

...the best place on the net for the latest Moto GP news.

Glad to see some Subnuts also appreciate 2 wheel madness.

AJ!
04-20-08, 01:07 PM
Hakahura that looks like a great ride :up:

Yep the 08 season is going to be a good one.

I was disappointed with lorenzos first victory.... i cant stand the bloke
It would be great to see pedrosa wipe the floor with him again and fingers crossed win the 2008 season.

Also looks like things arnt going well for ducati. Did anyone see that part fly off stoners bike last race? :huh: